"does not send to PO boxes" no longer aborts purchase

Sometimes when tried to buy an item, I got an error message to say there is a problem: seller does not send to PO boxes.

So I simply bailed out and searched again until I found a seller who will post to PO boxes.

A few days ago. Almost the same thing happened. Except the message "does not send to PO boxes" was in grey text instead of red.

I did not think anything of it at the time, and found another seller for a similar item.

But now I have found out the purchase was committed, because the seller has filed a complaint for non-payment against me.

So why has ebay changed the checkout, forcing me to buy something that cannot be delivered?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller only knows that you have committed to buy the item and have not paid.  Until you go to pay the seller does not see that the item is to go to a PO Box.

Did you even check the seller's postal requirements before committing to buy?   You would have seen that they do not post to PO boxes and could have avoided this situation.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

some people are too lazy to read..

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If a box is greyed out, it is usually because it does not apply. If the seller uses a Courier Service and not Australia Post they are unable to deliver to Post Boxes.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply