seller cancelled order without sending or refunding

about 6 months ago i ordered an item from a seller from long beach CA. the seller did not send it or a while so after about a month i contacted them to ask if there was an issue. they said that USPS could not ship to australia at the time, so i decided to wait a bit. another month passed and i again asked if there was an issue and the seller said the same thing as last time. this time i asked for a refund but the seller said they couldnt do a refund from their end, so i requested one and marked the package as 'shipped' (even though it had yet to leave the seller's house). i think, because i could not provide a tracking number, the refund was never properly processed. anyhow, today i went to message the seller again and the listing itself had been deleted. is it still possible to get my money back? this was a $180 item

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If it was LESS than 6 months ago and you used PayPal to pay, you can open a case in PayPal. I hope that "about 6 months ago" is not "just over 6 months ago".

(Unfortunately it is true that USPS is still not shipping to Australia.)

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Further to papermoon's advise, I am at a loss to understand why you were even asked in the case if the item was shipped. You open an 'Item Not Received' case, the ball is in the seller's court to provide proof of delivery to you. If they can't, eBay will force a refund. End of.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Your post confuses me. ๐Ÿ˜‘

@ainsaun41 wrote:

about 6 months ago i ordered an item from a seller from long beach CA. the seller did not send it or a while so after about a month i contacted them to ask if there was an issue. they said that USPS could not ship to australia at the time, so i decided to wait a bit. another month passed and i again asked if there was an issue and the seller said the same thing as last time. this time i asked for a refund but the seller said they couldnt do a refund from their end, so i requested one and marked the package as 'shipped' (even though it had yet to leave the seller's house).

This indicates to me that YOU marked it as shipped which I think is impossible ๐Ÿ˜‘

i think, because i could not provide a tracking number, the refund was never properly processed. Why would you be providing a tracking number? The seller needs to provide you with a tracking number. You donโ€™t need one to get a refund, but the seller needs one to prove delivery. 

anyhow, today i went to message the seller again and the listing itself had been deleted. is it still possible to get my money back? this was a $180 item

The item will still be in your purchase history, you will need to change the search date perimeters back to when you purchased the item. Also, look in your eBay emails, there will be a confirmation of purchase with details.

If you paid by PayPal, log in and start a claim there (providing you are within the 180day time frame) 

NEXT TIME, DONT WAIT 6mths to get a refund for $180  ๐Ÿ˜‘

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I'm with you Jane, confused by this post.  You can neither mark as shipped or supply tracking as a buyer. 

If I had a purchase for that amount of money I would be onto it immediately it did not arrive by due date.  Why would you "wait awhile" when the seller says USPS not coming to Australia.  It seems they were stalling you until after time for you to claim item not received.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@ainsaun41 wrote:

about 6 months ago i ordered an item from a seller from long beach CA. the seller did not send it or a while so after about a month i contacted them to ask if there was an issue. they said that USPS could not ship to australia at the time, so i decided to wait a bit. another month passed and i again asked if there was an issue and the seller said the same thing as last time. this time i asked for a refund but the seller said they couldnt do a refund from their end, so i requested one and marked the package as 'shipped' (even though it had yet to leave the seller's house). i think, because i could not provide a tracking number, the refund was never properly processed. anyhow, today i went to message the seller again and the listing itself had been deleted. is it still possible to get my money back? this was a $180 item

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, is it possible that you are still within 6 months of purchase and did you pay via PayPal?

If not then there's not a lot you can do except report this seller to eBay for fraud. If you have some of the dialogue between yourself and seller saved (is it in your email account?) then keep it handy.

if the seller is not a fly-by-night type, message them and request a refund in full or you will report them.

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma. That's a lot of money to lose. I hope best for you.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

if the seller is not a fly-by-night type, message them and request a refund in full or you will report them.

Consistency is a good thing - from a previous thread :

Your somewhat better suggestion does make sense as it is good to be courteous with seller and keep things friendly.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Ahhhh, better late than never I guess. 

I see youโ€™ve chosen the *iโ€™ll repeat what others have said* option.  Good choice! ๐Ÿ˜‘

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

*SIGH*

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Seems he agrees - his comments are ' sigh ' worthy. lol

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply