seller not responding

Bought an item on the 18th from a local seller, a week passed and nothing turned up and it hadn't been 'marked as sent' so i messaged the seller asking if its been sent.  That was 3 days ago and not even a response to say its shipped. 

How much longer should i wait?  if he even bothered to respond to tell me its on its way i'd be ok with that but no communication whatsoever.  If he's not sending it i want to move on, get my money back so i can purchase from someone else.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

seller not responding

You can open a Paypal dispute if that was your payment method. Make sure you do it within 45 days after you paid.

TCT
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

seller not responding

Some sellers don't bother to mark as sent. But if they haven't responded to your messages, I would get their number and call them if they are local.

If it's overseas, can take anything from 2-6 weeks in transit. Just don't miss the 45 day deadline as mentioned.

To get number - Select advanced search next to the search button, in the left margin select find contact info. You will be emailed their details and they get yours.

image host
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

seller not responding

Presume its the vanilla beans.Seller has almost impeccable feedback EXCEPT for postage time stars.Just wait.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

seller not responding

It would help you if the seller provided you with a tracking number (so you know how your parcel is tracking). Or even it was posted at all.

You could contact the seller via phone (if they are also within Australia).

Other than that, your only option is to notify PayPal and lodge a dispute so PayPal can contact the seller on your behalf. After a few attempts if no luck, PayPal will reimburse you what you paid.

Good Luck 😄

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

seller not responding

boggo58
Community Member

here we go again. when you send them a message it goes to two places, ebay messages and that persons own email. If they dont reply within 3 days which is PLENTY long enough then get the fry pan out and start heating things up a bit. there is absolutely no reason at all, no excuse why they cant reply asap. I had a cold, grandma was sick, i was on holidays which is all crap.You should have reported them on the third day. 

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

seller not responding

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Other than that, your only option is to notify PayPal and lodge a dispute so PayPal can contact the seller on your behalf. After a few attempts if no luck, PayPal will reimburse you what you paid.

Good Luck 😄

Paypal does not get involved in a dispute until you escalate the dispute to a claim.  They do not contact the seller on your behalf and paypal does not just reimburse you if they cannot contact the seller.

Create_fashion, you need to learn how a dispute works if you are going to give advice on the boards.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

seller not responding

The ebay messages have been extra unreliable lately. It is possible that your seller did not receive your message. It wouldn't hurt to send another 🙂

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

seller not responding

It's been nearly 3 weeks now so I advise you to open a Paypal dispute.

TCT
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

seller not responding

Ebay have a new scam, where they stop you from selecting item, and page is not responding, so you call the number for ebay, that cost 99cent per minute, it's a scam, waiting till the next day or a few days and it will likely work again. It's the perfect scam
Message 10 of 25
Latest reply