seller refusing to give tracking number

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought a SSD on Monday, the seller marked it as posted the same day but I know it's bullsh1t because I bought it after business hours, then I asked for the tracking number two days later, the seller simply avoided the question and said the item will arrive soon, then I said that did not answer my quetion and asked for the tracking number again, then the seller does went AWAL on me. Should I contact ebay?

Message 1 of 135
Latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

@kuromusha1 wrote:

Whatever, both eBay and paypal expect sellers to have tracking number, it is also good idea to have a tracking number for seller's benefit. 

What if a buyer receives the item and files for item not received? Seller don't have tracking number are screwed? 

Seller is lucky that I'm a ethical person that I would not do such a thing.

In the real world (yes, there is actually one outside of computers, gaming consoles, eBay and PayPal), proof of postage can be established in many different ways, a tracking number is just one thing that can help establish that. Tracking numbers, in point of fact, aren't even necessary to establish proof of post should a dispute arise, they just make it easier. 

I think it's a bit far-fetched to call any of your sellers "lucky", especially if it's based entirely on the fact that you may not decide to be an opportunistic thief. 

Message 31 of 135
Latest reply

kuromusha1 wrote:

Seller is lucky that I'm a ethical person that I would not do such a thing.

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

No, you just scatter negatives like confetti.

Message 32 of 135
Latest reply

only 1 thing i agree with this buyer is i would not send a $350 article in a letter , not with the new policys ,and not with this buyer   no offence mr buyer

Message 33 of 135
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

only 1 thing i agree with this buyer is i would not send a $350 article in a letter , not with the new policys ,and not with this buyer   no offence mr buyer

No offence taken. That was the whole point of this thread, who in the world is nuts enough to send a SSD in a latter with postage stamps only. Don't do it for my benefit, do it for the seller's benefit. It's called "cover yo a$$"...

I'm not a thief, but someone might be. The seller will one day learn his lesson when he could not prove to paypal that he sent the item just because he wanted to save on a few bucks.

The seller's stingyness has caused unnecessary anxiety for me.

Message 34 of 135
Latest reply

you don't even know for certain that they haven't sent it by trackable means. just because they don't upload the info or give it to you means nothing, they don't have to.

if this creates so much anxiety for you buy it in a bricks and mortar store LOL

Message 35 of 135
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:
Anyways, back to the topic.

When it says free postage, is it not reasonable to expect a tracking number from the buyer for items with significant monetary value?

I wonder if the other ID is joethenuts?

No

Message 36 of 135
Latest reply

would you not pay a few extra dollars for register post sending a $350 object in a letter ,

Message 37 of 135
Latest reply

The seller would have a lot more to lose than the buyer in case of a missing parcel. 

Message 38 of 135
Latest reply

kuromusha1 Community Member
11:44 PM
The seller would have a lot more to lose than the buyer in case of a missing parcel.
~~~
How so??, or are you still sore you lost your claim on paypal.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 39 of 135
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

So how do you come to that ridiculous conclusion?

As long as the seller has proof of postage, the buyer is stuffed.

Message 40 of 135
Latest reply