shipping costs

Hi..any buyers in Australia or NZ noticing a large hike in shipping costs from the UK but only if sent by the GSP pitney bowes in the last week or so.I'm talking double in some cases and has nothing to with taxes or gst etc.This is the shipping cost only before addons.I can only talk about NZ but would like to hear if the same in a Aust.Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

shipping costs

@chco_6552 wrote:

Hi..any buyers in Australia or NZ noticing a large hike in shipping costs from the UK but only if sent by the GSP pitney bowes in the last week or so.I'm talking double in some cases and has nothing to with taxes or gst etc.This is the shipping cost only before addons.I can only talk about NZ but would like to hear if the same in a Aust.Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I have great success in asking sellers if they can please change to a better shipping format. With delicate, fragile articles or articles of collectable nature, military history or anything involving fuel (carburetors, pumps, motorbike fuel tanks etc..)  Pitney Bowes is not good!

Below is the formula by USA user elmih22 that I have followed for some time I will use when and if necessary.

--------------------------------------------------

elmih22  wrote:

You CAN opt out of the Global Shipping Program.

Go to:

My eBay > My account > Site Preferences > Shipping preferences > EDIT > click 'yes' on 'opt out of the GSP > you will get this:

'You successfully opted out of the Global Shipping Program'.

Also you can 'check' the countries/continents where you do NOT want to ship to. You can check all the places you do NOT want to ship to, besides countries/continents - like PO Boxes, etc.

Also, it is better to always check your listing to be sure that the box for 'GSP' is not checked by eBay.I had my own experience where

I checked all places where i do not want to ship to - but i found anyway few of my listings with the box GSP checked. I had to review the listings and 'uncheck' the box for GSP.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-International-Trading/How-to-opt-out-of-global-shipping-progra...

--------------------------------------------------

I don't have to use it often as most sellers are more than happy to change the listing to a better shipping method. Some don't even realize that the GSP has attached itself to their listing.

Best of luck with future purchases.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

shipping costs

Did you look at the Accepted Solution?

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

shipping costs

4c doesn't read threads, just posts. Has admitted that many times, before he arcs up.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

shipping costs

Thanks dave.

I should have known.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

shipping costs

@davewil1964 wrote:
In response to tuckcase1989 

4c doesn't read threads, just posts. Has admitted that many times, before he arcs up.

-----------------------------------------------------------

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

In response to davewil1964 

Thanks dave.

I should have known.

MY  friends, before you get yourself all tied up and running in circles again, please check what I have posted. I'm just giving OP some info to help save a few bucks. Put the ring around that!

The "elmih22" solution can be gratefully received.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply