there really is NO protection...!

gavinxx68
Community Member

I have been thru countless mediations with ebay and paypal trying to retrieve my money for a returned item.. the seller (company) have tricked me into leaving positive feedback and now wont give my money.. there is NO function to change my feedback after being scammed.. Now i have purchased another item from these guys and they send me a BLANK envelope with a 60 cent postage stamp..They charged me much MORE for postage and NO item inside.. Now these guys are playing games with customers on here and i cant get any kind of help from ebay.. all this protection they claim to have is nonsence.. Not happy.. and ive got no re course for action.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

did you pay by payl  if you didnt no you are not protected if  you did  you can  do a dispute

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

sorry i mean paypal

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Why would you buy from them again??

When you say you went through 'mediation' with Paypal-did you actually open a dispute & escalate to a claim?

Did you phone Paypal?

What exactly was the original problem?

You have not provided any real information to help you.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

what foxy said plus how did they trick you into leaving  a positive?

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

FB has nothing to do with your PP claim.  How long ago did this happened?  If the seller told you they will refund when you close the case and leave FB, and you did that, call PP and they may re-open the case.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

There is plenty of protection if you go about things the right way.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I'm still trying to come to grips with how you get tricked into leaving positive fb, get burnt, then buy again from the same scammer? Talk about easy pickings ?:|

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

probably bought from them again to leave a negative . . . . but the seller was proabably wise to that course of action, hence the empty envelope.  The seller can probably claim that the buyer bought the item for the intention of leaving a neg.

boomct
Community Member

Hmnn. Sounds like the sellers are dodgy to me, there's no excuse for an empty envelope that I can think of. . . and there's too much  negative and neutral feedback in the last two months (even taking into consideration their high turnover) for them to be trustworthy . .

Have you opened up a dispute for this latest purchase?  Don't let them get away with it again!!

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply