unfair payment dispute

I bought 8 items for a seller but I could not get the payment to go through, even after trying on several occassions.

I kept getting an Ebay flag saying that the items no longer  exist.

I contacted the seller who tried to remedy the situation

by sending me a "special order" conglomerating the orders into one listing which I paid immediciately.

Unfortunately though, she did not

cancel  the original listings.

Hence, I got the unpaid disputes against me for the orders !!!!

I contacted the seller again who said she tried to fix the problem but nothing worked, What !!!!

So I told her to get in touch with Ebay and they will take her  through the steps to cancel the disputes against me.

And so I get an email back saying that she had fixed the problem and the disputes had been cancelled.

Relief....or so I thought. I logged onto Ebay this morning and I discover that these disputes had now been recorded against

my name. 

I do not know what to do now. I have contact the seller  yet again but  i have no confidence in her ability( or will for that matter) to help

me with the situation that she has caused !

Any advice wil be so appreciated. I have never had an Unpaid Dispute be recorded against my name til now and I am feeling frustrated and quite mortified.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

unfair payment dispute

You need to go to the link below and use the "chat with us" option at the bottom of the page.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

unfair payment dispute

Maybe the seller had her settings set to automatically start a dispute if the buyer does not pay and had forgotten to cancel the orders prior to that.

Some time ago I was looking at several auctions (same seller) at a distance of over a week, and I discussed the situation immediately after the first auction and everything went well and I paid after the last auction. I did get reminders from eBay, but they also said to ignore them if I had reached an agreement with the seller. Ebay does not start disputes.

As already said, talk to eBay. I suspect the disputes were started automatically because the seller had forgotten to cancel the previous orders, and as you then paid for a combined order eBay will definitely understand.

I can understand your frustration as I also never had an unpaid dispute recorded against my name and would be annoyed too if this happened due to the seller forgetting to concel.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

unfair payment dispute

Thank you fso much for your reply and understanding about the situation

I do think that you are very correct in assuming that the dispute was an automatic Ebay setting.

So damned annoying but I think to resolve the issue is to do exactly as the previous responder

and yourself have suggested. 

Your support has been greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

unfair payment dispute

Thank you so much for your response  and  your brilliant suggestion of the

Ebay chat. I will be doing exactly that now and hopefully get this irritating

issue resolved.

You have been an amzing help.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

unfair payment dispute

How did you go with eBay? Given the time you posted, you have probably had to wait until this morning to contact them as customer service isnt open 24 hours. Normally if it was just one strike, I'd say to just ignore it as no one can see it, but sounds like you've earned 8, and that needs to be fixed.

When you're chatting with eBay, get them to read the messages between you and the seller so they know what's going on fully. Also make sure they know that you have purchased and paid for those items under a separate transaction.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply