warranty on items

mrskuey
Community Member

I purchased an electrical item in March, from an Australian supplier and used it 3 times and it no longer works.

Item has a 12 month warranty, the item is bulky.

Seller says I have to return the item at my expense so it can be repaired as a fuse is blown and wont send the fuse so I can have it repaired here.

Australia Post have advised that it would be at least $20 (also would be required to be boxed & wrapped which adds to the postage, so will be more once wrapped) to return the item to the seller who is in another state
Seller says its up to me to send it back and pay for this.

Is this correct??

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

warranty on items

Unfortunately yes, that is a problem with buying online. Unless the sellers have a free return postage policy on faulty returns, you have to accept it or wear the faulty item. If it has blown a fuse, that is for a reason, usually either an overload or a dead short in  the item, and simply replacing the fuse will only allow the fault to repeat. I would be concerned that a new item has  blown a fuse, as it is not that simple really, and usually indicates a serious fault. Your only hope on this one is that if the item has no Aust approval number on it, you could hold an ace card, as it then comes under a whole new set of rules and you could scare the pants off the seller if you gets your facts right. This happened to me and it came in my favour. You dont say what the item was, but it may come under the rules.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

warranty on items

thanks for your reply, the item is a food dehydrator.  The seller says I must send back the electrical part (this is the lid) at my own cost, has not advised when I will get it back. I sent it back by tracked post, and not received any response from the seller since I sent it back to them.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply