what happened while I was away???

I haven't been back on eBay for quite a while (about 18 months) so I have noticed the changes more so than others that are on here all the time.

I like to buy and sell small collectable items on eBay so when I had a motorcycle accident 8 weeks ago (been in hospital ever since) I decided to get onto eBay and buy a few things (yes I'm a bit bored)

It was so hard!!!! Apart from the fact that I found it difficult to find items from sellers in Australia the market was flooded with cheap Chinese made items(crap), mainly from overseas members.

So to find anything that I was interested in I had to narrow the search parameters so much that I knew I would be missing out on something!! 

Is this the final nail in the coffin of finding that little gem on eBay?

What the hell has eBay done while I've been away????  

I don't want everything to be BUY IT NOW!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

welcome back.

When you do a search with your search parameters, including item location and format (BIN or auction), you can save that search.  You can also choose to receive emails when items that meet your search parameters are listed.  It is up to you to have search criteria/parameters that enable you to see items that would be of interest to you without missing out on any.

This will save you the frustration of re-doing the search to try to find that little gem each time you log in to eBay.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Welcome back, yes things have changed so much on ebay. It is definitely not the great place it used to be. There are still gems to find but it will take you forever & a day to find them amongst the cheap chinese crap. Sadly I think ebay has had its day.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply