what happens when a seller doesnt respond to an offer

what happens if a seller doesnt respond to an offer

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The offer will expire.  If it was a very low offer submitted - perhaps to start off negotiations with the seller - if you were the potential buyer, it might be worth submitting a slightly higher offer (assuming that you are prepared to pay more).  

As far as I am aware - although there is a limit on the number of negotiations after the initial offer - you can submit as many initial offerings as you wish.  

I hope that I haven't misinterpreted your query.  

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It will expire and maybe the seller isn't happy with the offer so they will just ignore it.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@sarahs_preloved_booksnbits wrote:

The offer will expire.  If it was a very low offer submitted - perhaps to start off negotiations with the seller - if you were the potential buyer, it might be worth submitting a slightly higher offer (assuming that you are prepared to pay more).  

As far as I am aware - although there is a limit on the number of negotiations after the initial offer - you can submit as many initial offerings as you wish.  

I hope that I haven't misinterpreted your query.  

a member is limited to three offers per listing.  If an item is relisted then three offers can be made on the relisted item.

@cathysabrina

sellers are not obliged to respond to an offer.  As already stated, offers expire 48 hours after they are made UNLESS there is less than 48 hours left on the listing, in which case the offer expires when the listing ends.  When an offer is made the item remains available for purchase at the Buy-Now price.  There have been members who have come here to the boards who were under the impression that the item is not available for purchase by others once they made an offer, but that is wrong.

Some sellers set an โ€œauto-acceptโ€ price for offers.  If a member offers less than the minimum set by the seller it is automatically declined and the member making the offer is alerted to this immediately.

If you have made an offer and have not heard back from the seller then they may be considering your offer, considering making a counter-offer, or asleep as they are in a different time-zone and are not on their computer 24/7.

Many sellers will block members who make unrealistic offers.  For example, on a $100 Buy-Now item with Best Offer enabled, a seller might block a member who makes their first offer $5.  Sellers are entitled to block any member for whatever reason they want to, so make sure that you do not waste a sellerโ€™s time when making offers.  Offer a fair price, and if it is declined then respect the sellerโ€™s decision . . . . . . after all, it is their item.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Only 3 offers, initial or counteroffer, can be made during the listing. If it's relisted that resets.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply