what is it with the MASSIVE increase in non arrivals from China ??

This year I have had around 40% of the items I have purchased from China simply not arrive, I am a seasoned buyer on eBay (more than 10 years) and I have not seen such dishonesty from Chinese sellers before, I am sick to death of having to make PayPal claims over and over again.

Has anyone else got this problem or it just me ??

And before any says they are getting knocked of from home I have a secure mailbox and a deal in place with my local delivery person (I know him personally)

And IF they are posting the items where the hell are they dissappearing to ??

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the feedback folks, it has been refreshing to note that it isnt just me that has noticed the rise in non delivery, I will take on board the "buy from HK only" info this is now given me food for thought on the China issue and as mentioned before "some times they are the only sellers"

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

You see so much about the topic on here. IMO I would just not buy from the Chinese Sellers.  Completely bypass them.

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

Im starting to agree with you on that, but this problem has only started in the last 6 to 7 months, in the previous 9 years I had very few items dissapper before that

I will be buying far less from china in the future unless they offer registered post only

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

dabbleroz
Community Member

40% of items not arrive?

Have you had Australia Post make an investigation into the issue?

Even if there are some known issues at the other end, are you

confident things are all above board in Australia?

If you are a seasoned buyer I would guess you choose reputable

sellers to buy from - maybe there is more to the story??

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Hi,

yes I buy from sellers with lots of sales and better than 96% feedback, however many of these "reputable" sellers dont offer registered post and when I approached Aust post on this issue the reply was "if there is no tracking, we cant (wont) help you"

as I stated earlier this appears to be a new fad that has started only 6 to 7 months ago

thanks for your feedback though ... ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

@odiumplus2 wrote:

Hi,

yes I buy from sellers with lots of sales and better than 96% feedback, however many of these "reputable" sellers dont offer registered post and when I approached Aust post on this issue the reply was "if there is no tracking, we cant (wont) help you"

as I stated earlier this appears to be a new fad that has started only 6 to 7 months ago

thanks for your feedback though ... ๐Ÿ™‚

To be honest I wouldn't buy from any high volume Chinese seller with less than a 99.5%.  Do you check their revised feedbacks (which really mean more negs.........) ?

And don't forget they are masters at using delaying tactics to get past the dispute and feedback time limits.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

I'm also noticing that their quoted delivery time has gone up to as much as 50 days .
Sellers from China use multiple accounts , you might think that buying from one that has 99.5% feedback is a good choice but their other 3-4 accounts may be as low as 89% and your still buying from the same seller ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

I buy a fair bit from China (mineral specimens), mostly the same sellers, who mostly have 100% feedback. The only issue I've had was shipments from mid to late October. Other buyers said they had major delays from that period too. Most of mine have arrived now, but am still waiting on 2 from 2 different sellers (different parts of China, so not the same seller with different accounts). 

They have both said if they weren't here by last week they would refund, even though the Paypal cut off is well and truly passed (the feedback period has passed too). I said that shipments from that time were starting to arrive, so I'd wait until the end of this week to see if they arrive. 

I know that if they don't arrive, they will not hesitate in giving me a full refund. They also know that if the items do arrive, that I will send the money straight back. I have been buying from these sellers for quite awhile and I have come to learn they do the right thing by their buyers. I guess that's how they maintain their high feedback score.

Most of my items arrive in 2-3 weeks by 'standard mail'. I'm assuming it's by sea as it's 'free' postage and they all state in their listings that it can be sent quicker via airmail which incurs a cost.

That said, if you don't know the seller and haven't bought from them before, or their feedback isn't much chop, definitely open a case for not received by day 43.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

j_ds_au
Community Member

FWIW, I've bought about 30-40 items this year from China, HK and Taiwan. About 4 have failed to materialize, with 3 of these being in the past 2-3 months. So there has certainly been a large increase in these incidents.

All the vendors were chosen with a feedback score of about 99% or higher, except a few cases where that wasn't possible, and I had to settle for 97% minimum. As far as this issue is concerned, I have not seen any correlation with the feedback score (however, that doesn't say anything about vendors with a score lower than 97%). Some of these vendors, where items have gone AWOL, have supplied other orders (both before and after) without incident.

I do not get the impression that the problem is with the vendors, rather the postal system (again, this says nothing about vendors with a score lower than my arbitrary cut-off limit of 97%).

Joe.

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

Your missing items from 2-3 months ago may be tangled up with the mid to late October ones that seemed to go AWOL. They have been coming in in dribs and drabs. I got 2 more on Tuesday and now only have one missing. I had 9 or 10 that went missing, which was highly unusual for my sellers who I buy from regularly. They have been arriving over the last few weeks.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply