when I buy from China I have to re-type my password.msg says email address or password wrong

Ive been buying a few times from China lately & each time I have to re-type my email address & passord as the msg says its incorrect yet I know its not. I'm getting tired of changing my password yet this practice is spooking me. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

when I buy from China I have to re-type my password.msg says email address or password wrong

Buy Australian, sorry all I can think of. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Buy Australian, sorry all I can think of. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

It makes no difference to the payment process regardless of if you are purchasing from China / USA / UK or from Australia (like the earlier smart a$$ reply sugests). The payment process is always the same. Go through checkout from your purchase history page - log into PayPal (should only require single login assuming no typo's). That should be it - done & dusted. Sit back and wait for the best part of a month for item to hopefully arrive.

Never use any links in emails. It sounds like you might be being redirected to a fake site as the behaviour you mention sounds suspicious. Always check for the little padlock in address bar (secure site) to ensure you are signing into the genuine Ebay or  PayPal site.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@lace*monitor wrote:

Ive been buying a few times from China lately & each time I have to re-type my email address & passord as the msg says its incorrect yet I know its not. I'm getting tired of changing my password yet this practice is spooking me. Any suggestions?

Contact Paypal and inform them of what is happening,(you don't need to be logged in to contact them).

@classic_pentax wrote:

It makes no difference to the payment process regardless of if you are purchasing from China / USA / UK or from Australia (like the earlier smart a$$ reply sugests). The payment process is always the same. Go through checkout from your purchase history page - log into PayPal (should only require single login assuming no typo's). That should be it - done & dusted. Sit back and wait for the best part of a month for item to hopefully arrive.

Never use any links in emails. It sounds like you might be being redirected to a fake site as the behaviour you mention sounds suspicious. Always check for the little padlock in address bar (secure site) to ensure you are signing into the genuine Ebay or  PayPal site.

It does sound like you are being redirected to a fake site so you do need to contact PP and let them know.

The true PP site should have the lock and say Paypal, Inc. (US) and it should have the https:

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply