why discount on items removed before expiry date?

3005sonic
Community Member

I have noticed twice already discount on items got removed before the expiry date, I contacted seller and they replied it is ebay discount not them, so why this is so? Focal Aria 938 , 948 as well as Yamaha cds1000 plus others , these are from different sellers, discount got removed before expiry date. 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

What you're talking about is eBay discount vouchers I imagine, and in nearly all of them in the fine writing they state "offer may be withdrawn at any time".

Your seller is correct, it's not their discount code, it's eBay's .

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

As padi says, ebay sometimes finish a promo earlier.

That's why it's a good idea to add items to the cart and see if a code will apply before committing to buy.

image host
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I also had this happen to me and it really sucks! it leaves me with a bad feeling about ebay. I missed out on saving $100 with the code pick 100 that was supposed to expire 29/2/2020. It's really unprofessional and sneaky to do this to their customers i know it runed my day. I contacted ebay through chat but was told there's nothing they could do. I'll just have to wait for another voucher because it would be way too painful to pay full price after going through that. EBAY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE HAPPY CUSTOMERS WHEN YOU REMOVE VOUCHERS BEFORE THE EXPIRY THAT'S COMMON SENSE !!!! Cheers,  Tom.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Did you check the T & Cs properly.

Almost all of the vouchers have the proviso that they will be active until a certain date or while they are visible on ebay.com.au.

I have found it is better to use the offers sooner rather than later.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I know that ebay has the right to terminate voucher offers at their discretion. I just expected better from a huge multinational corp like ebay, it's not like their short of money or anything. I think the marketing department needs to rethink doing this it's a bad business practice that will only enrage their customer's.  Cheers,  Tom.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

If you know the Terms then why complain to the board members.....we can't do anything about.

Ring ebay and let them know how you feel.....maybe you will get more sympathy from them....or maybe not.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I just want to tell as many people as possible and spread the bad word. It's kinda fun to shame them for terminating vouchers before the expiry date. It's a bad business practice and everyone i have alsked agrees with me they were also shocked that ebay does this.    Tom.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Tom, I disagree with you. The T&Cs clearly state that an offer can be withdrawn at any time - delay taking advantage of it to your detriment.

Do you know how companies grow to become "huge multinationals"? By setting budgets for things like marketing and promotions and then sticking to them.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@superdude73 wrote:

I just want to tell as many people as possible and spread the bad word. It's kinda fun to shame them for terminating vouchers before the expiry date. It's a bad business practice and everyone i have alsked agrees with me they were also shocked that ebay does this.    Tom.

Are you aware that it is against posting policy to name and shame on the boards....and that includes ebay.

Also you are not allowed to advocate against ebay or paypal.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply