Advantage flea stuff for cats -any advice???

I've always used Advantage Plus for my cats and I  apply it on the beck of their necks as advised on the packet. but my two lick it off each other in one day flat. Has anyone got any suggestions??

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I've never used Advantage Plus. So not sure about the product. I think Advantage is safe. I used to use it to rabbits and cats. vet said it's safe. Frontline Plus can kill cats if they lick it. The Plus part is a bit worry. I think you should check on vet about the product.

I use Revolution now. It seems to be safe. I usually put it under collars to discourage to lick it directly. My cats hardly lick each others anymore. They are keeping distance. But they used to when they were younger and they are still alive. They might start snuggling up together when weather gets cold.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

thank Syrups. I'd better research them all a bit more thoroughly as I don't think there's a way to stop them from grooming each other

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Oh dear that's a worry if they're licking it off each other.  I think maybe you can by an oral

tablet, but not sure.  Thought I saw it in the supermarkets.  .  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Oral tablets you can buy from supermarket is Capstar. It works for both cats and dogs. It start killing fleas 30 minutes after taking and last 24 hours. But it's 24 hours only. It's a good one to use with spot treatment when cats and dogs already have a lot of fleas on them.

For dogs there is a oral tablets work for 30 days called Comfortis. It works very well but they  are only for dogs and not for cats.

But considering how hard to give cats tablets I understand the reason they didn't even bother making one for cats. It was almost impossible to give our Pillow a worming tablet. So it's good I use Revolution for them because it works for worms as well as flea.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
Group details
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
121 members Open Group Since ‎03-07-2013 08:14 PM
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.