Bob the street cat passes away this week.

Has anyone seen the movie "A streetcat named Bob" , there is also a few books out about him, story of a recovering addict in London who adopts a stray cat, it's a true story. Bob passed away this week, he was aged 14 yrs old. The books & movie are very popular.
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@michellebartley wrote:
Has anyone seen the movie "A streetcat named Bob" , there is also a few books out about him, story of a recovering addict in London who adopts a stray cat, it's a true story. Bob passed away this week, he was aged 14 yrs old. The books & movie are very popular.

Oh no that is sad to know. I loved that story about how they came together. I read both the book and saw the movie. Great story it was. I’m sure Bob’s human would be devastated as Bob was one very unusual cat and he will never find another one like Bob. RIP Bob

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@michellebartley wrote:

Movie was on tv recently 

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Hi Michelle, thanks for posting this. Gosh that's sad news. What a special cat he was! I wasn't that familiar with his story but a few years ago, maybe two or three, I was watching a couple of clips about him on YouTube. Your posting of this remiinded me. I'm saddened to hear of his passsing too.

What a special cat he was. I'll track down the fiilm. Thanks again Michelle.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:

Oh no that is sad to know. I loved that story about how they came together. I read both the book and saw the movie. Great story it was. I’m sure Bob’s human would be devastated as Bob was one very unusual cat and he will never find another one like Bob. RIP Bob
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Apparently there is going to be a memorial for "Bob" to be erected in Covent Gardens where he was with James Bowen when he was busking.
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I just read he escaped from the house and was hit by a car, terrible, apparently he had kidney disease and was having treatment but still I would think that he would have been in an enclosure probably more to this than meets the eye.
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
I just read he escaped from the house and was hit by a car, terrible, apparently he had kidney disease and was having treatment but still I would think that he would have been in an enclosure probably more to this than meets the eye.

What! Oh man, how the heck did that happpen? Who was supposed to be looking after him? I was wondering why there wasn't anything about what he died of in the articles I read. Gosh sad news even more!

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Yes I just read before that he was killed by being hit by a car. Nothing was said about him escaping his enclosure. His human was calling him to come inside as he is usually inside of a night time and sleeps on his humans bed. Think it was at least a day or more before the vet called advising that Bob had been killed. James has been walking everywhere looking for him and calling everywhere. Apparently a passerby found Bob and took him to the vet, they were not the driver of the vehicle that hit him. James is absolutely devastated that Bob has died this way, he expected him to be around for a few more years. Such a sad way to lose a pet. He will probably blame himself so he needs our sympathy not more negativity
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

I doubt whether the driver knew about it, it apparently was struck in the head by the car, lucky someone picked him up and took him to a vet, it was late at night, being a cat so famous you would think that James Bowen would have been a tad more careful. It's rather tragic and sad. I believe he had a large cat enclosure, the money he made from the books, movie etc he was able to buy a house worth about 1 million AU dollars which is in London, so he has done very well out of Bob the cat.
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@locall1961 wrote:
Yes I just read before that he was killed by being hit by a car. Nothing was said about him escaping his enclosure. His human was calling him to come inside as he is usually inside of a night time and sleeps on his humans bed. Think it was at least a day or more before the vet called advising that Bob had been killed. James has been walking everywhere looking for him and calling everywhere. Apparently a passerby found Bob and took him to the vet, they were not the driver of the vehicle that hit him. James is absolutely devastated that Bob has died this way, he expected him to be around for a few more years. Such a sad way to lose a pet. He will probably blame himself so he needs our sympathy not more negativity

Poor James Bowen. Bob his friend (rather than pet) helped him through such a tough time. Bob was a gift from God. I can imagine how devastated he must be. When my cat died I was devastated. Perhaps the driver didn't even know he had hit something.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply
Group details
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
121 members Open Group Since ‎03-07-2013 08:14 PM
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.