Cat Ghost Story

I only know one cat ghost story, its true but very brief. 

My sister and her husband owned two lovely cats, Princess and Minnie, and an adorable dog, Mischka. As it gets very cold in Tasmania, the fireplace was a popular spot in the lounge of an evening, each having their own chairs and rugs to settle down on. 

Minnie, after 19 years, became ill and died In Launcestion, about 200kms away at her vet's hospital. My sister and hubby left her in Lonnie and returned home, and regretted immediately not bringing her back to the farm to be buried. 

That night, a cold winter's one, that left a vacant chair in the lounge. They had all just settled down to a cosy night in, when Mischka suddenly got up, her long hair bristling along her back, barking loudly, standing stockstill, and staring at the chair where Minnie had curled up for many years!  

Minnie was back, she wasn't really left in Launceston!

Got any little cat ghost stories?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Cat Ghost Story

IMG_0230.jpg

Milo's reaction to my story...methinks he is a sceptic!

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Cat Ghost Story

He looks like he's channeling Basement Cat, Banora Cat LOL

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Cat Ghost Story

The power of Ceiling Cat compels you! Cat Tongue

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Cat Ghost Story

When my lovely 17 year old cat Honey died, later that night I was lying in bed when I felt pressure as though a cat was walking across the bed near the bedhead.  I was not asleep (I suffer from insomnia) and my other cat was asleep in the lounge....plus the bedroom door was closed so she couldn't come in.

Honey used to come into the bedroom, jump on the bed and walk around near my head until she'd eventually settle just under the covers purring loudly, with her head resting near a pillow.  The whole experience felt just like she'd come in as usual but only for a few minutes.

I've had many cats over the years and this is not the first time I'd felt the presence of a cat that had only just passed away.  It happened with my cat Freda, a dilute tortie moggy, too.  I don't know why some of my cats have come back one last time, yet others haven't.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Cat Ghost Story

Thanks Zanadoo, love that..hope we hear from more cat lovers, there must be more stories out there. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Cat Ghost Story

I Love cat ghost stories 🙂 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply
Group details
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
121 members Open Group Since ‎03-07-2013 08:14 PM
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.