Cat sounds. What sounds does your caat make?

Personally, I love trilling. When a can trills, it's so cute.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#CatSounds #Meow #Purring

7 Sounds Cats Make and What They Mean

Jun 15, 2019

1.31M subscribers

Meowing, Purring, Trilling, Chattering, Yowling, Hissing and Growling Cats! … Have your cats made all of these noises?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjRs_WT8VzM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My cat doesn't trill and rarely growls.  However she does make a noise I'd never had a cat make before.

If she sees a strange cat outside she runs from window to window and makes a huffing kind of noise.  Huff.  Huff.  Huff.  It's as though she is so angry at the interloper venturing into her property that she can hardly get the words out to express her fury!  It's priceless.

Also, cats make many sounds we describe as a meow. but my current cat can enunciate every letter in the word....even the M.  She really does MEOW.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Oh, she doesn't trill? Nomally if a cat's sleeping and you touch it it will go" uurrdrdrdrdrr". Most cats I have come across trill. One cat used to almost thank me when he was meowing at the door to come in. When I let him in he'd go rrdrdrdrdrr" as if to thank me. He was a lovely natured cat too. Had to have him put down as he was badly injued by a dog.

Your cat sounds unique. I can imagine her huffing too. She's obviously the ruler of her property. Great you get a real meow out of her. That would be lovely to hear. Have you thought about trying to record her?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

She may not trill but she will purr and give me the half eyes closed look the minute I pat and stroke her.

I don't have a smart phone to catch her unawares to record or video her.  Also the minute you want to record or photograph a cat they stop doing whatever it was you wanted to catch.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Instant purrer cool!

If you still have a cassette recorder you could try. Or get a friend who has one to help. But then again as you say, lol they stop doing what they're doing as soon as you try and photograph or record them. Call them when it' something important like taking them to the vet or giving them a worm tablet and you'll have a job finding them. Try and read a book or the paper and they''ll be all over you.

I wish I had the sense to record my cat when I had the chance. He had a nice voice and would trill quite loudly.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Kitty Cat Trilling up a storm

Nov 22, 2011

3.1K52Share

99 subscribers

This is my kitty Delilah, and she loves to trill! Isn't she adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq1MUWeGdsY

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply
Group details
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
121 members Open Group Since ‎03-07-2013 08:14 PM
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.