What does it mean when my cat...

rhysc123
Community Member
My 7 year old cat vibrates/shivers her tail when i feed her or she gets inside my house? She never used to do this 12 months ago.:O
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Does your cat stand with her back end near to a vertical surface for instance when she comes inside?  I don't know why she would do it at feeding time but I've seen this kind of tail shaking among cats (often female) as though they were going to spray (mark their territory) but they don't actually do it.

Cats who do mark their territory usually make the tail shaking gesture as well.  For those that don't, just the tail shake remains.  Cats I've owned have done this and in fact this includes my current cat.  Not all the time, just occasionally.

Maybe at meal times it's a mix of dominant marking behaviour and excitement about the meal.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

My cats (7years old and 2 x 2 years old) don't shiver their tails. But I google a bit and found this site. It might help.

http://voices.yahoo.com/your-cats-tail-movements-does-mean-1969117.html

Photobucket
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
Group details
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
121 members Open Group Since ‎03-07-2013 08:14 PM
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.