How can I authenticate a Loius Vuitton item prior to selling?

Hi, I have a LV purse that looks fairly authentic but I'm not 100% sure. Before I list it, how can I verify that?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry but designer brands do not authenticate items period.

However there are some great online authentication services that I have used and that are accepted by ebay.

You will need clear pics showing close ups of hardware, serial/date codes stitching and logos etc.

Try authenticate4u or etinceler have found them to be excellent. You will need to google the names as I cant post email addresses.

Best of luck with it! Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Take it too a dealer and get it authenticated and you will need something on a letter hear to verify it is authentic.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

There aren't any dealers where I live. It has the box and dust cover but apparently even they can be faked. I was wondering if anyone can get an idea from looking at photos

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If it could be authenticated by looking at photos then fakes would not be on ebay.

If you list it, it may very well be removed and you get a policy violation.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

?? There is an online forum which will authenticate LV items with photos of it, but they only authenticate items you wish to buy (not sell).

There is also a site I have just found which authenticates based on photos: http://authenticatefirst.com

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry but designer brands do not authenticate items period.

However there are some great online authentication services that I have used and that are accepted by ebay.

You will need clear pics showing close ups of hardware, serial/date codes stitching and logos etc.

Try authenticate4u or etinceler have found them to be excellent. You will need to google the names as I cant post email addresses.

Best of luck with it! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for your help, it's great that someone with knowledge of this area can share their experience. I used the online authentification service by submitting photos, and it was idenitified as a replica.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@bhakti69 wrote:

Thank you for your help, it's great that someone with knowledge of this area can share their experience. I used the online authentification service by submitting photos, and it was idenitified as a replica.

Oh I am so sorry. However I absolutely applaud you for doing the right thing and authenticating first. Bravo!

If only there were more people like you on ebay. My best wishes to you , if I can ever be of any assistance to you in the future feel free to message me.

Kind regards Smiley Happy  

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi

I  have heard of the people you speak off.   But believe they are quite expensive

It is correct that one cannot tell from photographs they can say it is NOT,  lol but cannot say it is.

If Ebay did the right thing they are rich enough to get a panel to pass these things or not pass them at a small fee sellers can afford.

If not authentic maybe just a few dollars if it is authentic charge the same as jewellery valuers do charge a percentage of the valuation.

This is a problem which could be very easily fixed if Ebay would lift their heads out of their bank books and look after the people that are making it possible for them to have one.

Most of the people on here are not high volume sellers and they sell because maybe could use the money for a bill or something and cannot really afford the sort of people you speak off for a one off item.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply