snow ski clothing size, help needed Please

Hi we live in the tropics so not easy to find snow/ ski clothing to try on for size so hope someone may be able to help.

Looking on ebay, so many don't have sizes, if they are child's, womens or mens size, and different brands would be different sizing.

Going to Tas as we have family there and will go to the snow, probably won't be skiing or anything, my son and I haven't seen snow and just want to play but don't want to be cold or wet. 

Winter here is shorts and Tshirts so we are not really use to the cold.

It's not clothing we are going to use often just 10 days holiday maybe once a year if that so we don't want to spend lots on this gear but we do want to be warm and dry.

I usually wear Target ladies size 10 pants and 12 tops, can anyone suggest what size snow/ ski jacket and pants would be best Please.

Hoping someone else is my size and can let me know what size they wear.

thank you.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

might be best to simply hire the clothes once you get down there?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why don't you buy some thermal underwear, skivvy type garments and jumpers and then hire the outerwear when you get there.

I would not recommend buying for your son as he will probably outgrow it before the next visit.

If you have family in Tassie maybe they could make some enquiries about hire places before you get there....and they can probably tell you what else you may need.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks, we prefer to buy something and take it with us.

I think I have worked out the sizing for different brands.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Good luck....hope you enjoy your holiday.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply