And silver platter 2

This one was bought from an antique shop in Launceston in 2012.

It has no markings and hasn't been cleaned.

It weighs 570g and is 31 cm in diameter and its rim is about 2.5 cm high.

That's all of the information that I have, and once again thanks you for your valuable time. IMG_1883.jpegIMG_1882.jpegIMG_1880.jpegIMG_1884.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

And silver platter 2

Same again really. Again it seems to me that there are traces of copper underneath the pattern on the front - which could mean EPBM. Rather than EPNS. Look very carefully around the edges, even in the back rim.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

And silver platter 2

Hi siddieswans,

Many thanks for your reply. I had to google EPBM & EPNS 😁. (Thought I'd be honest!)

I've had another close look and can't find any marking on either of them, but my eyes are old and not the best at times. However, I really don't think there are any.

What do you think they're worth? I don't expect them to be valuable, just haver no idea what to list them for. As well as the egg cups. 

Thank you again for your time. 🙂

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

And silver platter 2

And silver platter 2

And silver platter 2

Hmm. Personally I don't think the egg cups are worth listing - if they are in very very good condition, no staining, discoloration or scratches, I suppose you might ask $15 for the pair.

Trays are useful, but the trouble will be the postage - they are heavy things. Possibly you would find it easier to sell them at a market or something. Neither of them are in really good condition - both show wear to the design finish I have suggested. Maybe $20-25 for this one. The other is a more attractive design - maybe $30-35. Bear in mind though that neither are silver, both are electroplate of some kind. You can always reduce a listing price. Certainly 925 Sterling Silver trays have a good value, but that's usually because of their silver weight. Try to find something silver plated, in a  similar condition, that has sold, not something in shiny as new condition.  Just IMO.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

And silver platter 2

Thanks, siddie

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply