Australian $1.00 notes value

Where would I find out the value of 100 $1.00 notes in numerical order, uncirculated, they still have the wrapper around them?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Google maybe ?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Australian+%241.00+notes+value+

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

184314452575 on ebay but not likely to sell at that price

And what is the basis of your judgement on that

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

I would hope if a potential buyer has enough money to spend on a worthless investment they have enough sense to search the sold list to see it is 4 times more than other sales this year. 225754161477

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

I would hope if a potential buyer has enough money to spend on a worthless investment they have enough sense to search the sold list to see it is 4 times more than other sales this year. 225754161477

So your valuation is obviously not based on any knowledge of the collectors market,  ,  Ebay is not the judge of value of items.  Thats not research 

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

I like how you leave certain things out to suit your narrative. But that is expected and most people would have clicked the link to the auction site showing a sold result.

I will say I am only basing my results on a quick search with no knowledge on the subject so I may be overlooking something that makes these more valuable than others. Plus I'm not looking at these from a collectors point of view but one of return on investment. As a collector of certain items I still expect them to increase in value.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

I like how you leave certain things out to suit your narrative. But that is expected and most people would have clicked the link to the auction site showing a sold result.

I will say I am only basing my results on a quick search with no knowledge on the subject so I may be overlooking something that makes these more valuable than others. Plus I'm not looking at these from a collectors point of view but one of return on investment. As a collector of certain items I still expect them to increase in value.

I did click on the link , and also looked at the item number. There you go assuming again.

You are also assuming that item wasn't sold to cheaply.  

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Auction site lists a $500-$1000 value sold for $750. Ebay sells for $500 today what am I missing. Its a stack of $1 notes with no way of making any return unless you pick it up in a bulk lot from a deceased estate and sell it off for a profit on what you paid. 

What is you opinion of the value?

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Auction site lists a $500-$1000 value sold for $750. Ebay sells for $500 today what am I missing. Its a stack of $1 notes with no way of making any return unless you pick it up in a bulk lot from a deceased estate and sell it off for a profit on what you paid. 

What is you opinion of the value?

I wouldnt give a valuation sight unseen,  but just based on some information provided, definitely worth more, you cant value things via google or auction sites.

I saw a similiar stack sell for significantly more just a few weeks back., they are not just a stack of $1 notes as you put it. 

There are ''stacks'' of $1 notes and there are ''stackssssssss'' of $1 notes.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply