Late Mayers photograph #1

I  picked up this pretty little vase from a Deceased Estate for $2.00.  I have researched the markings on the base which state "Peonies" K & Co B with the date 1790,  and so far have only managed to find the following information:

Did futher research and discovered that if you have a piece of pottery with the date "1790" printed on the bottom, then one thing you can be sure of - it was not made in 1790.

The earliest date it can be is 1870, and it may be as late as 1936.

It was not unusual for potters to try to establish an early date, to try to give their ware some sense of history and value. The occupiers of the Dale Hall pottery works used the date "1790" - which was the date the works were first built by Joseph Stubbs.
The wording "LATE MAYERS" refers to Thomas, John & Joshua Mayer who operated from 1843

Checked out ebay and only found tureens, creamers and plates but no vases made by this company. Sorry for all the waffle, but all I want to know is it worth anything at all?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best to keep it all on one thread.

Just select reply to put further posts on one thread. Smiley Wink

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Best to keep it all on one thread.

Just select reply to put further posts on one thread. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry about that, haven't posted on these boards before. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

No problem, no harm done. Smiley Happy

It just makes it less confusing if many members start replying.

Sorry I can't help you with what looks like a lovely vase.

But there are one or two members here very versed in this field and no doubt they will see your post.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Can I bother you again and ask how to display a photograph on these Boards without them looking like a great big blob?  I have had no problems on the very rare occasion when I’ve posted on the Community Spirit Boards, the “the little tree” leads the way.  I Would very much appreciate your expertise.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sure thing. Don't know what you mean by blob, but here they will show as they appear on your computer.

Select the picture looking icon when you hover over it, it shows as insert image.

Then browse for the pic and insert. (You can also change the size to a certain degree)

You can post many pics in the one post providing they don't reach the maximum megabytes per post.

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Many thanks you for all your advice, you're a perfect gentleman.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply