Seeking positive I.D for old Noritake (Fruit Bowl?)

Bought this bowl & would like to get a fix on the age & approximate worth.

Size is 10"D x 2 3/4"H - seems to have no crazing or impact marks - there is a few minor utensil scratches to the glaze, but no impact marks & moderate trim (Gold) loss for its age. Retains nice eye appeal! Is round, with what I would describe as a "scalloped" rim & has a foot with a Gold ring.

My research would indicate the backstamp is "The Blue Circa 1908 Registered - London Mark" (Ref. page 42, Noritake For Australia & New Zealand by Karry-Leeanne Fisher). After drawing this conclusion, I obtained some anecdotal support from the seller who said her Mother (aged 80+) confirmed it came from the Mother's Aunties estate - seems to tie in nicely with the backstamp era.

Again, using the aforementioned reference book as a guide, the bowl clearly comes within the "Good" condition category.

Please, I will take any help I can get!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

did you look here,  backstamp reference (noritake collectors guild) http://www.noritakecollectorsguild.info/bstamps/

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If it's a blue backstamp and hand painted it's old. Noritake used green after WW1 or so.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Had a look there & still think it is as I thought (probably "version 3"). The backstamp is only about 1 1/2cm high, so I need to get it under a magnifying glass to see the detail.

Do you know if there is a way to get photos onto this site?

Thank you for your time & effort!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for the interest - it is a blue backstamp only about 1 1/2cm high, so the detail is hard to see.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

When you click reply you will see some icons top right. Next to the smiley face is a picture. next to that is a film camera. Click on the picture and follow the propmts to choose your pic. You can insert 2 pics on each post.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Can't get that to co-operate! Not sure if it is me or eBay as they appear to be having a lot of issues at the moment with their system - like I cannot save searches either!

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

maybe try clearing your computer's cachet / cookies and try again I just uploaded a photo with no problems

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

TOMORROW----

a poster on another thread has solved the problem of uploading photos.   eBay does not work well with internet Explorer, you probably need to use Firefox if you want to upload photos

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your input! No need to guess what I am using.

Am currently waiting on a reply from the Noritake Collectors Guild - so will follow that route for the time being. Had no photo issue there!

Regards

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply