An email from Ebay asking me to respond to someone who somehow has details of a private transaction

An email from Ebay this morning invites me to respond to another Ebayer who asks a question about an item I recently purchased. How does another Ebayer know who I am, and what I purchased, when I purchased from an independent seller in a PRIVATE Buy Now transaction?

Why is it so hard to bring this possible security breach to EBAY direct? None of their Contact Us criteria allow submissions unrelated to the criteria ..

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

An email from Ebay asking me to respond to someone who somehow has details of a private transaction

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would hazard a guess that the seller has given the member your ID....very unethical if that is the case.

You can report the actual message if yu received it in My Messages....it should have a link under the email. 

Otherwise ring ebay....don't worry about whether the links are appropriate.  Just try any option until it gives you a phone number or have them ring you back.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@touc2007 wrote:

An email from Ebay this morning invites me to respond to another Ebayer who asks a question about an item I recently purchased. How does another Ebayer know who I am, and what I purchased, when I purchased from an independent seller in a PRIVATE Buy Now transaction?

Why is it so hard to bring this possible security breach to EBAY direct? None of their Contact Us criteria allow submissions unrelated to the criteria ..

Just contact them this way:

This gives you their direct links without having to go through their rigmarole:

eg: Call us,Call me,Chat with us and Email us.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

Just keep in mind that Call us or Call me option are only available

during business hours,(8 am to 9 pm Mon to Fri and 8 am to

5 pm on Sat and Sun).

The Call me option seems to be the best.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply