Buyer hasn’t paid

katuff-75
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I’m new. I have a question.  I have sold something, and the person now says there away and expects me to wait for a week until they come back to pay.  I am canceling the order as per EBay’s rules but it says pick “Buyer hasn’t paid”, there isn’t an option for this.  Could someone help me with this.  Many thanks Karen 😊

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer hasn’t paid

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

❝[If] it’s been more than 4 calendar days since the listing ended, cancel the order by selecting the Cancel order button below and choosing Buyer hasn't paid in the drop down menu.

If you’ve sent a combined invoice, you'll be able to cancel the order 4 or more calendar days after the date the invoice was sent to the buyer.

Cancel order

Once you cancel the order, you may be eligible to receive fee credits according to our fee credits policy, and your item will be relisted automatically if it was a single quantity, Buy It Now item, unless you choose not to relist.❞

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buyer hasn’t paid

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

❝[If] it’s been more than 4 calendar days since the listing ended, cancel the order by selecting the Cancel order button below and choosing Buyer hasn't paid in the drop down menu.

If you’ve sent a combined invoice, you'll be able to cancel the order 4 or more calendar days after the date the invoice was sent to the buyer.

Cancel order

Once you cancel the order, you may be eligible to receive fee credits according to our fee credits policy, and your item will be relisted automatically if it was a single quantity, Buy It Now item, unless you choose not to relist.❞

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Buyer hasn’t paid

@Karen

Additionally…

As you say you’re a new seller, have you read up on all of the terms and conditions re selling on eBay? It’s changed dramatically over the last few years, with Managed Payments in place, and the requirement for all sellers to have their ID and their bank account verified on eBay.

You’ll also have your funds held by eBay for 21 days as you are a new seller.

Let the posters here know if you’re not sure about all of this. We can post a few links to eBay help pages, to get you started with the necessary information.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Buyer hasn’t paid

Thank you so much.  I have read everything about canceling but it states in the drop down box select buyer didn’t pay, but this isn’t an option. 

I only get these choices :

katuff75_0-1675947543296.png

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Buyer hasn’t paid

I've experienced similar a few times. In these case I checked the buyers feedback and as this didn't indicate a problem, gave the buyers the benefit of the doubt and payment was made a bit later. Emails from and to the buyers were evidence of the arrangements.

I suppose it is a matter of being prepared to wait a week and get a definite sale as well as possibly gaining a happy customer, or cancelling and hoping another buyer comes along straight away.

One customer who was waiting for her pay so she could afford to buy one of my handmade items (on another ebay account) for a birthday gift, has now become a regular customer. She even commissioned several pieces.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Buyer hasn’t paid

Has it been more than 4 days since the sale? The did not pay option won't appear until more than 4 days have passed since they bought.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Buyer hasn’t paid

As you posted your question on the 9th and you sold something on the 11th (today) and before that you sold something on the 6th and before the 6th, you should be able to cancel because the buyer didn't pay by now because the sale occurred more than 4 days ago.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply