Buyer scammed me, eBay does not protect its sellers

It’s disappointing to see that eBay allow buyers to get away with so much, at the cost of sellers. I was selling some Christian Louboutins and the buyer obviously uses this scam all the time because they knew exactly what to do. They opened up a case claiming the state of my shoes didn’t match my pictures. This was entirely incorrect and eBay found me not at fault. However, before the outcome of the case, the buyer took advantage of me (as I am a new seller and don’t use this platform a lot), and messaged me continuously asking me to accept their return request. I did not know that accepting the return request (refund) meant that they received a refund without the buyer having to send my shoes. The buyer has now received 2 refunds - one from eBay and one from me direct. I have not received any refund. The buyer is now refusing to return my shoes even though they convinced me to pay for a shipping label. They tricked me by telling me that if I clicked accept refund and purchased a label; they would send the shoes back. The buyer has now disappeared and is not responding to my messages. I paid for a shopping label for the return of my shoes, I have lost my money and my shoes. EBay have done nothing about this save for a very small seller fee refund. The buyer has got away with this, with no protection of a new seller by eBay. When they provide the refund request, eBay should have an explanation to describe what the request means, when the option pops up. 

This buyer took advantage of a new seller and it is so clear that I have been scammed. EBay did nothing to help. This is so concerning. I don’t feel comfortable selling my products on eBay anymore. I don’t trust that eBay will protect me. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

oh, bugger.....go to HELP at top of page>>>>(during business hours)...follow the prompts and ask to speak to a supervisor...good luck!!

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

The sale was only 7 days ago,  so even if they had recieved them within 2 days, and thrown them back in the mail the next day, they could still be with Australia Post.

And why don't you next time if hit with a return request,  read up on the process,  thats what help files are there for.   

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply