Thumbs up and thumbs down on profile page.

Dear oh dear, who came up with the idea of thumbs up and down for someone’s profile page?

Seriously, why has it been put there? It’s not necessary in any way. People come to eBay to purchase, not to rate a page. Feedback is there if one’s unhappy or not with a item. Hope someone comes to their senses and removes it. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@hookedbymaggie wrote:

Dear oh dear, who came up with the idea of thumbs up and down for someone’s profile page?

Seriously, why has it been put there? It’s not necessary in any way. People come to eBay to purchase, not to rate a page. Feedback is there if one’s unhappy or not with a item. Hope someone comes to their senses and removes it. 

can you clarify which page these ‘thumbs up and down’ appear on?

Do you mean the community profile page? OR, a member feedback page?

I can’t seem to find what you are referring to (maybe provide a screen capture so we can see).

On some eBay pages they ask you to rate the page with thumbs up or down, but I’ve never seen them ask for members to be rated.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I think it might be the bit shown in the screenshot SLR, which has nothing to do with the OP, it's just an Ebay "infomercial" for their own jollies.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

19C1E712-ED6F-4E53-8126-956218A390AF.png

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

In the app if you tap on your profile at the top of the page it brings up the question thumbs up or down. Tap the one you want and it takes you to the screen I posted.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It's marketing by eBay, and shouldn't affect you at all - even if a member clicks on it which is unlikely.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you. I love how we had no say in it.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@hookedbymaggie wrote:

Thank you. I love how we had no say in it.

That's eBay "enhancing our buying and selling experience" yet again (for free, if you run an Adblocker).   😂

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply