Why don't people READ T @ C

I am an Old Chook and not the brightest bulb in the box but But I hope I use common sense

Am so over members asking question after they have been through  a process and not read the T & C.

Are they in a massive hurry or too lowly to think that these T & C  relate to them?

Surely these people realise that rules apply to all.   Of late there have been so many questions/comments 

from people saying "Why Me". 

Sorry about that guys but I do find it so frustrating.....

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Totally agree

And then, more often than not, launch a tirade of abuse on any members(s) that point out the terms/policies

Accuse us of working for/loving eBay

Etc etc etc 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It can become frustrating but I suppose what’s most disheartening is that research is very clear; the great majority of people really to not read terms & conditions, and will hurriedly click on “Read and agreed”.

I almost did this yesterday. I was tired with a headache and my knee had another meniscal tear and … I just didn’t want to read the endless blather!

It’s true that many T&Cs are ridiculously puffed up like popcorn with so much hot air and meaningless guff, but with anything financial it’s just not sensible to skip past and do the TLDR dance. Selling on eBay is not an oops-I-didn’t-know game, and as people do tend to skip over reading important policies and terms and so on, we’ll just have to keep pointing them towards the relevant pages and spelling out what they will need to know.

It’s only when “new” sellers or irregular eBay users become offended or don’t want to take the T&Cs onboard that it seems a waste of time…

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The fine print - is fine - for good reason - nobody reads it.

Well - almost - nobody.

And really in any document - the fine print is the only thing that really matters.

I have one going on at present - item not received - showing sent 10th - no further movement on the tracking.

After numerous back & forths with the seller - I was asked to check my doorstep - answered back - just checked the doorstep - yep it's still there.

And given - what we have just seen on the ' other thread ' - not sure eBay are delivering.

Their T&C's are Ok - but they are certainly not delivering on their end.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply