A night of friendship

I think there might be a few posters here that could do with a good night out on the town, here's a great opportunity if you have the cash.

A NIGHT out on the town with Adelaide guy Chris Morris, which he put up for sale on eBay, has caught the eye of someone with very deep pockets ... or a potential prankster.

Featured in The Advertiser on Thursday, Chris' listing attracted national media attention and the price soon climbed from an opening bid of $20.50 to almost $800 by Thursday night.

When he checked how the bidding was going on Friday, Chris was shocked to discover it had skyrocketed to almost $10,000.

"My first thought was it might now have to be a night out in Paris instead, but I think it's potentially a hoaxer," says Chris.

"If it isn't a genuine bidder, it will be a shame because it will take away the whole spirit of the idea."

But Chris' hopes of finding friendship on a night out in Adelaide, might not be lost just yet.

eBay spokesman Megan English said if the highest bidder is indeed a fake, Chris' item could generate a "second chance listing".

"Typically in cases like this where the item does become quite high profile, we will contact the highest bidder to determine if they are genuine," she said.

"We really love the idea here at eBay, he's offering something tangible and his listing was well written and fun. But people shouldn't think that if they list something like this then they'll automatically make $10,000. I would say, unless Chris has suddenly become a huge star in Adelaide that I'm not aware of, the chances are that this bidder most probably doesn't intend to pay that type of money."

Chris' auction will end next Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/adelaide-man-chris-morris-listing-on-ebay-for-all-expens...

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A night of friendship

I'll be putting that on my watch list, cosmo, lol

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

A night of friendship

Yep it's on mine. I reckon there will be a second chance offer after those top two bidders so you could pick this up for around the $1,000 mark. 

Potential date idea for Bob? Couples are welcome.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

A night of friendship

Those last two bids just have to be fakes. I can't believe they are real.

Free postage is an advantage Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply