Alienware X51 Desktop - I want one

I want one of these http://www.dell.com/au/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd

I need a new computer, is this any good?

I like the name "Alienware X51" LOL.

😉

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Way overpriced

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

When I saw it was a small form facor unit, I didn't like it, because the half-size graphics cards were a POS........but then I saw that they had tipped the card to allow a full-size card, I modified my opinion.  The problem with these SFF desktops, is that there is no room for additional hardware.  That, plus the external power supply would cause me to look elsewhere.........

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Ufo, my son had an alienware computer many years ago. I believe the main focus of those computers was for gaming purposes. I don't think you need to spend the extra money, unless you are into gaming. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
no siggy
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I want you to have one. I remember when I just had to have a Shuttle G2, even though its small and hard to build and upgrade, and the power supply is iffy and can't be replaced with a reputable quality one. I just had to have that little silver box Shuttle. I wouldn't bother with such things anymore, wouldn't be able to keep anything nice, not worth buying and having it taken away.

I wouldn't know if they are any good, been out of touch with computers for quite some time, what I thought was state of the art, would be seriously outdated by most people's standards. I just use a cheap laptop and hope for internet to work.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@tcmsecretuseid wrote:

Ufo, my son had an alienware computer many years ago. I believe the main focus of those computers was for gaming purposes. I don't think you need to spend the extra money, unless you are into gaming. 

I am into gaming too that's why I want to get something more powerful than what I have now.

I have a few computers but not that poweful, this one is an Intel Core 2 Duo. E8400 3.00GHz with 4GB Ram.  I want to get a machine with an I7 intel chip and lots ram.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Well, he loved his Alienware until he burned it out.  Do you live in the U.S. or Australia? 

no siggy
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Australia

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

They even have one called Alienware Area 51

http://www.dell.com/au/p/alienware-area51-r2/pd.aspx?c=au&l=en&s=dhs&cs=audhs1

$2,999 though

$3,199 for the better one

$4,998.99 for the best of the lot

That is expensive.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

LOL to the Area 5. 

My son did not pay that much for his.. that is for sure.. as I probably paid for it. 

Okay, I just asked him to tell me about his former Alienware. 

Yes, it was great for gaming. We bought it over 12 years ago. It's long gone.

He says that you are buying the nice case (basically). Go to the Alienware website, look at the components that you like, and build your own. He built his own computer(when his Alienware conked out)for a fraction of the cost of his Alienware computer. 

no siggy
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply