Am moving soon and found a mouse/rat hole in the hallway

Settlement is due to take place in 8 days and I've been in the process of decluttering and so on.   A few days ago i moved a dresser that was in the hallway for about 5 years and to my dismay found a rodent hole where the floorboards meet the  skirting board, about 5cm x 3 cm, small but noticeable.  No way of knowing it was there.There was a mouse infestation a couple of years ago but I got rid of them quickly.

Does anyone know could this be a porblem  with my purchaser as they wouldn't have noticed it either being under the dresser. Would this come under caveat emptor or could they insist I get it repaired?  Guess I'll talk to my conveyancer tomorrow but I have pre-move jitters as it is . 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It shouldn't be too hard to plug the hole. If the buyer has done due diligence, they would have a certification that the place doesn't have rodents. If not, caveat emptor.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Phew, that makes me feel better.  Also it's in a spot where everyone would have some sort of entrance cabinet. So hopefully all will be well.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply