And now Italy

Word on the street is that 10 towns in Italy are in lockdown after a novid-19 fatality 

https://leozagami.com/2020/02/21/ten-towns-already-on-lockdown-in-northern-italy-for-covid-19-and-it...

If true then we really can not accept visitors from those towns to Australia 

So Italy is now facing a challenging time 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

And now Italy

@rogespeed wrote:

Word on the street is that 10 towns in Italy are in lockdown after a novid-19 fatality 

https://leozagami.com/2020/02/21/ten-towns-already-on-lockdown-in-northern-italy-for-covid-19-and-it...

If true then we really can not accept visitors from those towns to Australia 

So Italy is now facing a challenging time 

Same for South Korea - 1 to 150 to 800 confirmed cases in very few days 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

And now Italy

And now Italy

indonesia seems to be the safest place on earth, no cases discovered Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

And now Italy

And Australia has 23 i believe (sorry cant find link)  .

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

And now Italy

Apparently they are quarantining those towns but not as effectively as the Chinese have done in Wuhan.

The italians are still able to come & go to some extent, there is some movement.

I suspect communist countries are at a great advantage in a situation like this in that they can impose whatever conditions they like, whereas authority has to step lightly in countries such as Australia & probably Italy.

You're right, we shouldn't accept visitors from those towns.

I think it is only a matter of time (if the virus spreads much more) before we see a lot less freedom of movement between countries.

Already (or so I was told) Japan has closed ports to all cruise ships, full stop.

I know Mare has too. It has been scrubbed from itineraries in April. Yet that is for cruises of Australian passengers leaving from Australian ports & travelling in a totally different direction to China.

I think Australia is at huge risk of being one of the countries where it does take hold and if so, other countries will be blocking us. That's fine, except I think we could start to see shortages in shops. We are our own worst enemies and have closed down just about all our industries. If it does take hold here, I'd suggest people stock up on a few cans etc

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

And now Italy

From what I read their testing methods may not be the best.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

And now Italy

@springyzone wrote:

Apparently they are quarantining those towns but not as effectively as the Chinese have done in Wuhan.

The italians are still able to come & go to some extent, there is some movement.

I suspect communist countries are at a great advantage in a situation like this in that they can impose whatever conditions they like, whereas authority has to step lightly in countries such as Australia & probably Italy.

You're right, we shouldn't accept visitors from those towns.

I think it is only a matter of time (if the virus spreads much more) before we see a lot less freedom of movement between countries.

Already (or so I was told) Japan has closed ports to all cruise ships, full stop.

I know Mare has too. It has been scrubbed from itineraries in April. Yet that is for cruises of Australian passengers leaving from Australian ports & travelling in a totally different direction to China.

I think Australia is at huge risk of being one of the countries where it does take hold and if so, other countries will be blocking us. That's fine, except I think we could start to see shortages in shops. We are our own worst enemies and have closed down just about all our industries. If it does take hold here, I'd suggest people stock up on a few cans etc

Ironically if our consumer item exports get blocked there will be a local over supply as producers flood the local markets -  full size crays @ 7 kg anyone ? 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

And now Italy

martinw-48
Community Member
I'm waiting for the Crayfish
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

And now Italy

Disgusting things.

Go to your local fishmarket. The fisherpeople have been complaining for weeks that they have to firesale their catch because they can't export it to mug Chinese buyers.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply