Any volunteers for head transplant?

Are there any volunteers here at the eBay Community willing to advance the cause of science? If you aren't satisfied with you new look you might be able to ask for you old head to be put back in place.

Road to a human head transplant

AN ITALIAN surgeon’s macabre plan for the world’s first head transplant has sparked controversy in the medical community.

Scientists have called it impossible, stupid and even homicidal. But Dr Sergio Canavero is determined to make history by fusing the head of a 30-year-old with a terminal muscle-wasting disease on to a new body.

Despite its many detractors, the doctor’s grisly scheme has a strong precedent. But the litany of failures and ghastly successes should surely give our modern-day Frankenstein pause for thought.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/road-to-a-human-head-transplant/story-fnpjxnqt-12273411493...

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I had to hide the link from my wife - one glance at your post, and she's wanting to volunteer me!

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

very interesting thought, imagine transgender men (born female) and transgender women (born male) just swapping bodies. But i doubt they will ever Narrow down the falure rate to make it a  feasible option, or a legal one

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Wouldn't the muscle wasting disease be neurological?  I don't know but I thought it probably be. What is the point of a new body if the problem is in the brain?

Joono
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

gleee58
Community Member

@village_person wrote:

Are there any volunteers here at the eBay Community willing to advance the cause of science? If you aren't satisfied with you new look you might be able to ask for you old head to be put back in place.

Road to a human head transplant

AN ITALIAN surgeon’s macabre plan for the world’s first head transplant has sparked controversy in the medical community.

Scientists have called it impossible, stupid and even homicidal. But Dr Sergio Canavero is determined to make history by fusing the head of a 30-year-old with a terminal muscle-wasting disease on to a new body.

Despite its many detractors, the doctor’s grisly scheme has a strong precedent. But the litany of failures and ghastly successes should surely give our modern-day Frankenstein pause for thought.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/road-to-a-human-head-transplant/story-fnpjxnqt-12273411493...

It sounds more like he wants a body transplant.  I can't see anyone wanting their head to be transplanted onto his failing body.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

It sounds more like he wants a body transplant.  I can't see anyone wanting their head to be transplanted onto his failing body.

i was kinda thinking the same thing, being that the brain is in the head. Now a brain transplant, or a consious/soul transplant like in the movie "Freejack" seems more a viable thing.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

'Are there any volunteers here at the eBay Community willing to advance the cause of science?'

Try the UK's Round Table Moderators. Or maybe just a brain transplant would suffice.

Spoiler
DISCLAIMER.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

If they could transplant a head, couldn't they fuse a severed spine?

If it's a success...there will definitely be a shortage of good heads!

A thin guy could wake up morbidly obese.

An old head on a young body!

A white head on a black body...the possibilities are endless!

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

If they could transplant a head, couldn't they fuse a severed spine? If it's a success...there will definitely be a shortage of good heads! A thin guy could wake up morbidly obese. An old head on a young body! A white head on a black body...the possibilities are endless!

al.jpg

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

holmes-26
Community Member

I volunteer for the head transplant contact me

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply