Anyone out there an expert on everything?

Because I have lots of questions and I can't find the answers.

I can't understand why they are having March in March (on St Patricks Day)

Please can someone ask a question they don't know the answer to?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 94
Latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

I don't know about him being an expert on every thing (if that is even possible) but this man knows a lot.

He even writes books about dyslexia and Christianity I think ?

Ian C. MacMillan is the Dhirubhai Ambani Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. He is also the executive director of the school’s Sol C. Snider Entrepreneurial Research Center. He has taught at Columbia University, Northwestern University, and New York University.

He has been a director of companies in the travel, import-export, and pharmaceutical businesses in the United States, South Africa, Canada, Hong Kong, and Japan. He has also consulted for numerous companies, including Microsoft, DuPont, General Electric, IBM, and Citibank.

MacMillan is the author or a coauthor of books and articles on new ventures, innovation, organizational politics, and strategy formulation

http://hbr.org/authors/macmillan

MacMillan received a BS in chemical engineering from the University of Witwatersrand, in Johannesburg, and both a master’s degree and a doctorate in management from the University of South Africa.

Prior to joining the academic world, MacMillan was a chemical engineer and gained experience in gold and uranium mining, chemical and explosives manufacturing, oil refining, and soap and food production; he was also a scientist at the South African Atomic Energy Board. 

http://discoverydrivengrowth.com/site/authors/

“McGrath and MacMillan’s discovery-driven practices show how to undertake venture risks in an established enterprise in a prudent, agile, and transparent way.”

— Geoffrey Moore >
author of Dealing with Darwin: How Great Companies Innovate in Every Phase of Their Evolution.

Message 91 of 94
Latest reply

The Wharton Global Family Alliance is a unique partnership between the Wharton School and leading families from around the world.  The Wharton GFA develops in-depth academic research which is motivated by the core issues that families and their businesses face.  To date, research has focused on issues that relate to family ownership, management and control of their businesses; valuation of private businesses; family office, family governance; wealth management; and philanthropy. Our rigorous scholarly research draws on the practical experiences of substantial global families to address timely, relevant and important issues that make a difference. Wharton GFA has a robust research agenda and a wide variety of outreach initiatives focused on a global audience.

Since its formation in January 2004 through an agreement between the Wharton School and CCC Alliance, the Wharton GFA has rapidly become the premier knowledge leader in family business research in the areas of wealth management, philanthropy, and family business governance.

IAN C. MACMILLAN, DBA

Wharton GFA Executive Committee

http://wgfa.wharton.upenn.edu/wgfa_macmillan.html

You could try asking him your questions Donna,

He looks like a very busy man 

Message 92 of 94
Latest reply

There I was sitting on the deck sharing a seafood platter wondering why all these middle aged braless women were walking around in the hot sun carrying placards. I didn't bother reading any of their protest signs because I was too busy with my bugs and crabs and bottle of bubbles.

So what was it all about?

BTW the $140 seafood platter for two was a real WOW, fantastic value.

Message 93 of 94
Latest reply

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

There I was sitting on the deck sharing a seafood platter wondering why all these middle aged braless women were walking around in the hot sun carrying placards. I didn't bother reading any of their protest signs because I was too busy with my bugs and crabs and bottle of bubbles.

So what was it all about?

BTW the $140 seafood platter for two was a real WOW, fantastic value.

I wouldn't worry about it now, eat more bugs. Woman Happy

Message 94 of 94
Latest reply