Are you automatically a Hero if you fought in a War?

Discuss.

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

No

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 2 of 67
Latest reply

Anyone whom fought in a war is brave and selfless for wanting to protect others whether they engage in battle or not.

However I think hero is reserved for those doing the above combined with doing something extraordinary.

image host
Message 3 of 67
Latest reply

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

No

No. It's not about heroes. Although there are many who did heroic things, probably surprising themselves.

It's about being prepared to put your life on the line for the things you believe in.

Message 4 of 67
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

No

No. It's not about heroes. Although there are many who did heroic things, probably surprising themselves.

It's about being prepared to put your life on the line for the things you believe in.

So those that flew planes into buildings, gave their life for what they believe in are Heros?

Message 5 of 67
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Anyone whom fought in a war is brave and selfless for wanting to protect others whether they engage in battle or not.

However I think hero is reserved for those doing the above combined with doing something extraordinary.

How do you know that those who fought in wars are brave and selfless and doing it to protect others???

Message 6 of 67
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

How do you know that those who fought in wars are brave and selfless and doing it to protect others???

Well we don't.

Sometimes heroic deeds are just done in the heat of the moment because it's the only course of action.

Message 7 of 67
Latest reply

No. But they are certainly a cut above those who engage in ridiculous keyboard fights.
Message 8 of 67
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Naturally I don't, but those that did as I suggest, are brave n selfless.

(You changed what I said)

image host
Message 9 of 67
Latest reply

My grandfther fought in WW2 and he's my hero. I'm sure everyone who had a family member hat served considers them a hero.......so yes, they are all heroes to somebody.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 10 of 67
Latest reply