Asking the OH permission - yea or nay?

Yesterday I went to the hairdressers and had my waist length hair cut really short (like boy length short). While I was sitting in the chair explaining what I wanted, the hairdresser (who also had long hair) said to me

"does your husband know you are cutting off all of your hair?"

I said "he knows I am getting a hair cut"

her "won't he freak out?"

me "no, why would he?"

She then said in reply "really? If I cut all my hair off my fiancee would leave me"

I was shocked but I bit my tongue & later wondered if maybe I was the wierd one and people (male and female) really asked permission from their partners before doing something with their own body (especially something as temporary as a haircut)

Do you ask permission from your other half?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.:-)

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

If some of those husbands are so smitten with long hair.......tell them to grow their own.

Conversely, if some of the gals' husbands are losing their hair....tell them you don't like it.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

later wondered if maybe I was the wierd one

NO you are not the wierd one, men do not control us any longer and if they don't like it they can leave...

I suppose I might have warned him so he didn't get a shock, but whether he liked it or not I would have done with my hair what I wanted to do...

Actually.... on reflection I did, but it's so long ago I had forgotten :^O

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

i ask my OH what he'd think with a certain cut. He does like my hair long and I'd like it if when he looked at me he likes what he see's.

I just told him about this thread asked him if he feels like I'm asking permission or opinion.

He has just told me it doesnt matter what he thinks of my hair cut he'll just put a paper bag on my head:^O

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.:-)

haha

love it.. that is so true

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

later wondered if maybe I was the wierd one

NO you are not the wierd one, men do not control us any longer and if they don't like it they can leave...

Do you think you could climb the highest mountain and shout that across the state for everyone to hear?

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

He has just told me it doesnt matter what he thinks of my hair cut he'll just put a paper bag on my head:^O

Tell him to put a bag on his own head so he doesn't have to look at yours.

:^O

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

after my separation.....a bitter one...I went to the hair dresser and said...cut my hair off....it was quite long....and make it blonde..

The hairdresser refused to do it and asked me why?   cos my ex loved my hair the colour it was and loved it lonnnggg....

Talk about cutting off your hair to spite your ex!:^O

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

I once had my hair cut short and light streaks put in it. Hubby wouldn't do the funky monkey with me for over a week because he reckoned I looked like a stranger  :^O

Hmmm think I might dye my hair tonight ]:)

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

bunny0410
Community Member

When I ask he just says he misses my natural colour.

He did object to Blue hair.

I still haven't decided about the blue. Just trying to work up the guts to do it. Nothing to do with him, just my own confidence

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply