Bancroft reveals Warner's role in ball-tampering

Cameron Bancroft reveals David Warner's role in ball-tampering scandal that rocked Australian cricket

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-26/cameron-bancroft-reveals-david-warner-role-in-ball-tampering/...

someone needs to tell bancroft to stop being the victim, own the fact he did wrong, not try to shift the blame to others.

btw, he may have to play with warner in the future, trying to say he was the bad guy i was just a poor kid who knew no better wont go down well.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

llbis-0
Community Member

@davidc4430 wrote:

Cameron Bancroft reveals David Warner's role in ball-tampering scandal that rocked Australian cricket

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-26/cameron-bancroft-reveals-david-warner-role-in-ball-tampering/...

someone needs to tell bancroft to stop being the victim, own the fact he did wrong, not try to shift the blame to others.

btw, he may have to play with warner in the future, trying to say he was the bad guy i was just a poor kid who knew no better wont go down well.

I doubt Bancroft will play in a Test Team again after this latest outburst.  A Team Player ?   No way.

BTW it is noted that his nickname is Bangers; I looked up a definition.  

Bangers are so-called because after the First World War there was little meat in sausages -- just scraps, cereal and water -- so they sizzled and spluttered a lot when they were frying. It sounded as if there were mini explosions, or bangs, going on, hence the name bangers.

He could very well be called a Silly Sausage but Bangers is far more appropriate.  IMO

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Also noted yesterday, there was more sand on the MCG than dynamic lifter on the turf at the family's Christmas match

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

there should be an award for making the once great MCG into a dull boring ground where watching the grass growing is more exciting  than the game of cricket being played.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Watching Bancroft yesterday was like watching a child in a man's body.

He seemed to be saying he was asked to cheat and agreed because he 

wanted to be accepted within the team. It was kinda like a new recruit 

saying I had to pass the initiation to gain full membership in the cult.

The problem at the time was that the whole team culture was shocking.

Every player had gone too far. They were offensive, over-personal and

aggressive. It seemed the team wanted to win at any cost and had forgotten

how to let the bat and the ball do the talking. My gut feeling is that some

current members of the team (bowlers) are worried it will be exposed that they 

knew about the plan at the time, even though they denied it.

The current problem IMO is that the media and the public want more blood.

They knocked the three guys down nine months ago and now they want

to sink the boot in. Personally, I'm not looking forward to it. I think everything

about this incident has exposed an ugliness in this country that I find rather

sickening.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Obviously Bancroft had no conscious (? spelling!) ... he would have made more friends if he had refused to go ahead with plan. Should have just stated "No way..it's wrong and I'm not doing it."
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Ricky Ponting criticises the timing and content of Cameron Bancroft's Boxing Day ball-tampering interview

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-27/ponting-hammers-bancroft-for-sandpaper-gate-interview/1067026...

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I feel most of us are over this . It was nothing more than cheating. Warner for apparently coming up with the idea ( another one who doesn't know right from wrong); Bancroft for being just stupid and looking for a way out; Smith who just didn't want to know... did he forget he was captain????
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply