Boyfriend Chooses Death Over One More Shop

A CHINESE man reportedly become so frustrated with his girlfriend's shopping that he jumped to his death from the seventh floor of a shopping plaza.

The tragedy took place in Jiangsu Province on December 7 after a 40-year-old man was seen to be arguing with a woman about the length of her shopping spree.

Click Here To View Entire Article

Apparently they had been shopping in a crowded mall for five hours and she wanted to go and check out another shoe shop.

I'd probably feel the same way, I cant stand shopping malls and avoid them whenever I can.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

** cant stand shopping malls and avoid them whenever I can **

Same

Studies have been conducted on the lighting.   Some men, boy-children in particular, are sensitive to it.  It looks 'stable' but apparently consists of super-speed flickering which can adversely affect certain (possibly many) people.  Same problem in many offices, etc. too

My son, from very early childhood, used to become very distressed after only a short time in shopping centres.  Same where he works, where natural light is poor and most lighting is provided by fluorescent-type things. Even today, he has to 'pace' himself if he goes to shopping centres.  Birkenhead's not bad because there's a lot of natural lighting and quick escape to the outdoors

Wonder if we'll ever go back to Main Street type shopping?  Be nice, wouldn't it to be able to nip in off the street and fresh-air to buy bread, meat, veggies, etc. from stand-alone shops - interspersed with a walk along the street in the fresh air between shopping - parks and church-yards dotted along, etc.   More than a few, it's to be suspected, would welcome a return to village-style living

Poor guy (in the news report).  He's the face of how many/most of us feel after hours cooped up under artificial-lighting, escalators, tense and irriratble shoppers and their poor children, constant blaring noise everywhere

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Since I had LASIK. I cannot see well in fluorescent lighting and brightly lit shops, very uncomfortable
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

My old boyfriend from my teenage years could spend hours looking at a shirt to buy. If it had a loose thread , it wasn't quite right and he could not buy it. Frustrating
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

I hated shopping so much I taught my OH to drive and bought her a her

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

thats a car

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Expect she will get more use out of a car than a her anyway
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

@grapes_collector wrote:

I would hope so 😉

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

@the_hawk* wrote:

@grapes_collector wrote:

I would hope so 😉

Woman Very Happy

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@polocross58 wrote:

** cant stand shopping malls and avoid them whenever I can **

Same

Studies have been conducted on the lighting.   Some men, boy-children in particular, are sensitive to it.  It looks 'stable' but apparently consists of super-speed flickering which can adversely affect certain (possibly many) people.  Same problem in many offices, etc. too

My son, from very early childhood, used to become very distressed after only a short time in shopping centres.  Same where he works, where natural light is poor and most lighting is provided by fluorescent-type things. Even today, he has to 'pace' himself if he goes to shopping centres.  Birkenhead's not bad because there's a lot of natural lighting and quick escape to the outdoors

Wonder if we'll ever go back to Main Street type shopping?  Be nice, wouldn't it to be able to nip in off the street and fresh-air to buy bread, meat, veggies, etc. from stand-alone shops - interspersed with a walk along the street in the fresh air between shopping - parks and church-yards dotted along, etc.   More than a few, it's to be suspected, would welcome a return to village-style living

Poor guy (in the news report).  He's the face of how many/most of us feel after hours cooped up under artificial-lighting, escalators, tense and irriratble shoppers and their poor children, constant blaring noise everywhere

No malls where I live, just on-the-street shops.  Trouble is, people don't patronise them and they are all going broke and closing down one by one.  People seems to be prepared to drive up to an hour away to shop at Aldi, Target etc in a mall. 

And it's not that great on a wet and windy day.

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER