Can you remember the first movie you saw at the drive in?

This was mine

Photobucket
Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

I remember sitting out in deck chairs under the stars in a Drive in as a Walk in.
My Darwin days are a fuzzy memory, but that's my best bet, as it have been somewhere warm.
Message 61 of 67
Latest reply

Signatures suck.
Message 62 of 67
Latest reply

I spied Matt le Blanc in that video catching the eye of one of the girls.

DEB

Message 63 of 67
Latest reply

That was quite common in Darwin. Hardly anyone sat in their cars as it was too hot. Generally, people took folding chairs and eskies and sat in front of the car.  The lucky ones had armchairs on the back of utes (always envied them!)

Message 64 of 67
Latest reply

gleee58
Community Member

I think the first movie I saw at the drive in was the Mickey Mouse one in which the mops multiply uncontrollably.

The more exciting attraction at the drive in was the large playground at the base of the screen that we got to play on as the dusk turned to darkness.

Message 65 of 67
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

I think the first movie I saw at the drive in was the Mickey Mouse one in which the mops multiply uncontrollably.

The more exciting attraction at the drive in was the large playground at the base of the screen that we got to play on as the dusk turned to darkness.

Fantasia?

Message 66 of 67
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

Message 67 of 67
Latest reply