Check what you are actually eating.....

Thought you needed to have a look at this. Well worth checking what you have!!!

BAD  FOOD....  This  is sickening - and dangerous!!!     This was shown on  “60 Minutes” a few weeks ago.  Disgusting  !'Starkist' Tuna is now  owned by Korea, and is in big conflict with the U.S.  concerning quality, safety, and records - which Korea  refuses to provide. 
There have been several  articles on Google about this, and even one that was  defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that  came from China.  Also, I had just returned home from  buying Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia  for the price of one.  Sure enough, on the top of the  bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small  print it said, "China "
Recently, a Food inspector  on TV, said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy  conditions their foods are raised and processed in.  It  is enough to make you violently ill.  Some foreign  workers have to wear masks as they work in these places,  because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want  to throw up.  Many of their fish on Fish Farms are fed  RAW SEWAGE daily.  He said he has seen so much filth  throughout their food growing and processing that he would  "never" eat any of it.  They raise this filth, put some  food colouring and some flavourings on it, then they ship it  to the USA  Canada & Australia for YOU to consume  and feed to YOUR families.  They have no Food &  Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison  your families and friends... they don't  care! Imported food we eat and the junk we  buy:-
Green Giant frozen  vegetables are from China, and so are most of Europe's  Best.Arctic Gardens are  Okay. So is Birdseye - (but check the label). Most frozen  vegetables from New Zealand are actually produced in  China.
Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it  is clearly marked from USA, Canada, or Australia; the other  stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken  poop).
China is the largest  producer of garlic in the world, U.S. is next.
Buy  only local honey - much honey is shipped in huge containers  from China and re-packed here.
Cold-FX is grown and  packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria.  Doesn't  work anyway, big scam. If the country of  origin is not clearly marked, beware.
If produce, ask an  employee... but they probably can't tell you.
Watch  out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by", or  "imported by".  I don't understand the lack of  mandatory labelling, especially the produce.
The  country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the  store.  I go to the local farmers' markets in season  and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.
Please  read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom.   It's important for all of us.
How is it possible to  ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the  U.S., Canada, or Australia?
Beware, Costco sells  canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from  China. Aldi's asparagus is from China too.

I know we don't have some of these retail giants in WA yet but not sure what is in East.

ALL "HIGH LINER"  AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR  INDONESIA. THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE  FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT.  MOST OF THESE  PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE  NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE  FISH.

Recently, an article by the Canadian Government  told how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire  crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken  s--t.  If you search the internet about what the  Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e.g., growth  hormones, expired anti-biotics from humans.  Never buy  any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these  countries:- Vietnam, China, or the Philippines.

I have a friend who came from Vietnam. He advised me that a lot of 'fresh' and frozen fish in Australian majoor food suppliers is imported from Vietnam....."never buy or eat this fish....it is full of mercury" my friend told me.

Simply look on the  bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in  China' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply  choose another product, or none at all.

For your own health IMO.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

don't know why my post above turned out blank but here's what it was meant to say:

We don't even need to irrigate deserts, we have plenty of fertile land to grow enough to feed Australia, with plenty left over for export.

Farmers ploughed their produce into the ground in the early 90's thanks to the Hawke/Keating open border free trade lower tariffs policy.

We should put tariffs back into place to ensure food sovereignty for Australia.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

A great and timely post, Paint.

You are spot on with ALL of your comments.

I try to warn people of the issues in your post, but fear it falls in deaf ears.

People still buy based on cost.  The cost on the health and future lives of their children is enormous.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

That's disgusting Paints.

People wonder why they're sick!

I don't buy anything from China if I can help it, nor from New Zealand.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Hi icy.

It takes a while to shop these days......got to stop and READ ALL ingredients lists on packaging after one has found where actual ingredients have come from. Is tricky too.....I steer away if states "made from local and imported ingredients"- no matter where it was made/packaged because 99% of the time the origin of 'imported ingredients' is not stated.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

We all need to be more discriminating about what we buy. Especially foodstuffs. Maybe if more local product was chosen then it would be harder for overseas imports to gain a foothold based on price alone. Actually price is probably the least important thing to consider, quality and cleanliness is far more important. Yes I know some ppl have to buy a lot of their produce on price, personally I would rather, and do, leave the overseas stuff on the shelf.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

For the life of me I cannot understand why our Government won't/can't see the HUGE possibilities with irrigating parts of our desert country to grow food. No pests, fresh food, employment, no imports and if we grew more than we needed we could export.

We can tap into deep water aquifers out there......it can be done at not a huge cost.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

I posted a similar post a while back, but we do have to be reminded all the time. I wonder how many read such an article, but by the time they go shopping they forgot all about it. Being in a hurry to get the shopping done can cost you your health or that of a loved one. If we stop buying that rubbish, they will soon have to change their laws or go out of the dirty business.

Thanks for sharing this.

Erica

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I have a Chinese sis-in-law.....she will NOT purchase garlic or veg imported from China....in fact she was the one who told me about this, we went round the veg market and she insisted on showing and explaining the difference between the (cheaper) imported Chinese garlic and the locally grown/Australian garlic. She grows a lot of veg herself too. When she arrived here about 6 yrs ago she was horrified when I served up meat and veg on our plates......she would not eat her potato in a jacket or carrots(I scrub them and cook them whole). Many years later she apologised for appearing rude back then in leaving uneaten veg on her plate but went onto explain that in China people (deliberately-because they have no $'s for commercial fertilizers) and animals poop on the crops to make them grow better and when they pull up the veg they always heavily skin it before preparing to cook it. ......eeesh!!

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

I just wish we had tighter regulations over what is being imported into our country. It's really quite unbelievable that we have had it all here, including all the raw commodities at our fingertips, yet all our best stuff is being exported OS

I try and stick with Simplot products when I buy frozen food but as Paints has pointed out what is labeled as being  from NZ is actualy from China

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

For the life of me I cannot understand why our Government won't/can't see the HUGE possibilities with irrigating parts of our desert country to grow food. No pests, fresh food, employment, no imports and if we grew more than we needed we could export.

We can tap into deep water aquifers out there......it can be done at not a huge cost.

It is not a lack of growers in Australia. We can grow more than what our population needs. It's the Giant Supermarket chains that won't pay for the healthy food our farmers and fishermen can produce. Growers are going broke and digginf fruit and vegetables back into the ground, because of the greed of the Giant Supermarkets. It's ll about mega profits, and shareholders in those companies are just as bad. Nothing much the Government can do about it.

But we can make a difference with concious and selective shopping.

Erica

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply