Christmas brings loneliness to many, but ....

Christmas brings loneliness to many, but a dog can help

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-27/christmas-dogs-alone-festive-season-loneliness/9285948

sure does, add a kitty kat and you have a family

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I like dogs (had two growing up) but I've also had cats all my life and I prefer them. 

Cats IMO are easier to look after and can be just as affectionate.  My cat and I have our regular bonding sessions.  Every evening she also waits on the bench for a final head rub before I go to bed, and at 6am she comes into the bedroom and settles on me for a while before moving to a spot on the bed just close to me.  Many times I've woken up to her loud purr.

She guards the house.  Whenever someone is coming to the door (delivery guy, sales person, Aust Post etc) she is on the alert long before I hear anyone.  If there are any loud bangs outside (car backfiring, accident, even gunshots) I watch her.  If it's close by she goes to a window to investigate.  If it's far away (despite the loud noise suggesting otherwise) she doesn't stir so I don't worry about it either.

I've also never owned a cat that was nervous about thunder and lightning.  I can't say the same for dogs. 🙂

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

So true.  I think one of the  side effects of loneliness is that feeling of not being needed,  but pets fulfil that need, apart from all the love they bring.   

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply