Climate Change Warning

Sir David Attenborough issues this warning about climate change.

Stephen Hawking issued similar warnings before he died, except

he was a bit more specific about time frames.

It seems the destiny of civilization may be in the hands of many

world leaders who are too blind or too seduced by the power they

hold to respect Mother Nature.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/03/sir-david-attenborough-issues-dire-warning-climate-chang...

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Climate Change Warning

main-qimg-6eab6fd4e93b3db47b8082e22fd2e527.jpg

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Climate Change Warning

@marwi_3023 wrote:

Yes I remember that scientists believed an ice age was going to be happening.

As i said above much more severe winters both in Europe and North America are already happening, and will get worse as climate heats up.  The popular terms like "new ice age" and "global warming" have been coined by journalists, not scientists.  Journalist back some decades ago all left school at 15 and got cadetships with newspapers,  they did not understand science any more than general public, and simplified everything to catchy headlines.  Unfortunately, now the climate sceptics can pick up some inconsistencies in the way things were reported.  When you read in the press "scientist said ........" it generally means this what the journalist understood from the very complicated statement the scientist made.  Over the years we were subscribing to whole array of scientific magazines, from New Scientist to Science and American Scientist.  Of-course, there we some differences as far as how fast and how exactly thing will change, but basically there was pretty much consensus. 

There was never time that archaeologists believed pyramids were built by ET.  That was just the fake news of the times. 

The only reason we have not quite run out of oil is because we found ways, albeit very environmentally destructive ways, to get some oil that we did not have the technology to get back some time ago.  But why do you think so many manufacturers and getting into electric cars? 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Climate Change Warning

marwi_3023
Community Member
We should never have developed automobiles with the internal combustion engine.
Electric cars were invented before them.
What I was trying to show was that theories are just that.
I believe that we are experiencing a change in climate and if we can eliminate any human input that would be good
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply