Clive is King and a new carbon tax

it appears that australia's most influential politician is Clive Palmer. The senate scenario for the government is a nightmare , not to mention the supporters of emissions trading .. i actually support the fuel excise as in case anyone hadn't noticed (i doubt hockey has) it is (not by design more a happy accident ) a carbon tax.. increased fuel prices =reduced car usage  = emission reductions. Robot LOL

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

With you there LL,  but I doubt an increase in fuel exercise tax in line with the inflation rate (1cent/year) will reduce car usage much. As for Palmer,  I still am forming an opinion as he is intent on spouting a fair degree of populist waffle ( some unresearched).  However,  come new Senate and horse trading (mining tax and Carbon tax) a picture will emerge.

nɥºɾ

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I don't think Clive is a big fan of Tone.He'll gain a lot of fans if his party crosses the floor in the senate and he knows it.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

At least he speaks up on behalf of needy people, I haven't heard abbott defend pensioners.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Does this mean they will scrap plans for road infrastructure?

Photobucket
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

With you there LL,  but I doubt an increase in fuel exercise tax in line with the inflation rate (1cent/year) will reduce car usage much. As for Palmer,  I still am forming an opinion as he is intent on spouting a fair degree of populist waffle ( some unresearched).  However,  come new Senate and horse trading (mining tax and Carbon tax) a picture will emerge.

nɥºɾ

i was forecasting more fuel hikes eventuating and the set rate for the twice yearly(?) excise rise edging higher.  it may not be this government who uses the excise in the way i'n suggesting Smiley Happy

Palmer and his people would be foolhardy to fold under any pressure from Abbott, if they don't they have long term prospects . if they do they'll go the way of the democrats and face extinction.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

When do they start on Badgerys Creek?:)
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

2049. 😄
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@spotweldersfriend wrote:
Yes I don't think Clive is a big fan of Tone.He'll gain a lot of fans if his party crosses the floor in the senate and he knows it.

that would be the smart move to establish the party properly. create a long term following .

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

At least he speaks up on behalf of needy people, I haven't heard abbott defend pensioners.

even if he doesn't mean a word of it Smiley Happy he has to back it up and defend young people as well to really establish himself.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply