Cold mornings

I am not a fan of these cold morning. 8:30 am and still only 6 degrees here. Brrrrrrrrr.

Hopefully my windscreen dosen't fog up on my way to work.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Cold mornings

@ten*teeny*tiny*toes wrote:
It drops down to single digits in June/July.
At the moment the range is about 19-26 degrees.

I love the cooler weather .

paradise..

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

Not from Nov to Feb!!
Actually we had a cold snap already, a few weeks ago we did have a 9 overnight.
Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

I just went outside and it is freezing, but I live in the hills,have to expect that. We have ducted heating, although we do have a fire place, we dont use it, hubby says too much work.

I dont really mind the freezing mornings, if we get a lovely sunny day out of it. Anyway inside our cottage is cosy and warm, what more could I want.

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

Must admit I love our wood heater but they can be expensive to run if you dont have access to wood

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

It's cute how you call 8:30am early, lol! I have to get up at 4:00am so I can be at work by 5:00am, it's chilly and dark. Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

Freezing here  this morning & foggy..we get lots of fog on the hill that is really thick in the morning and makes for scary driving...I hate feeling cold but i love the green grass covering all the bare soil again..The ponies look like little fat  woolly bears with eyes & nostrils recognizable only..The wood heater is going flat out ..The devon rex cats are snuggled under thier little heaters in thier enclosures..Winter is moving on in.....

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

I didn't call 8:30am early, I said it was still only 6 degrees at 8:30am. That is not the usual temp here at that time of day. At 5 or 6am yes but not at 8:30.

Did turn out to be a nice day, hopefully the weekend will be just as nice.
Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

@hargrlynet wrote:

Must admit I love our wood heater but they can be expensive to run if you dont have access to wood

I've ordered a load from the local sawmill. 6 tonne for $100 and it lasts a whole year with the neighbours helping themselves  😄

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

I am assuming that isn't for red gum freaky, cheapest around here is $80 a metre ( red gum )  My lovely neighbour is re fencing atm and brought us down a truck load of old red gum and hardwood fencing, which will last us for quite a while, plus she tells me there is more to come. Once the old kitchen comes out, we will be right for kindling for quite a while.  

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

Cold mornings

@hargrlynet wrote:

I am assuming that isn't for red gum freaky, cheapest around here is $80 a metre ( red gum )  My lovely neighbour is re fencing atm and brought us down a truck load of old red gum and hardwood fencing, which will last us for quite a while, plus she tells me there is more to come. Once the old kitchen comes out, we will be right for kindling for quite a while.  

The truck driver said there will be blackwood and other stuff. I think there's myrtle as well.  They don't include super fast burning floor board bits anymore.3

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply