Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

this is why I love twitter

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/nov/27/cory-bernardi-mistakenly-quotes-voltaire-on-tw...

The Australian conservative politician Cory Bernardi has tweeted a quote he mistakenly attributed to the French Enlightenment philosopher Voltaire, but is instead believed to be from a neo-Nazi convicted of possessing child abuse material

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alexlee/voltaire-says-never-tweet#.ayK4ABmv

Message 14941 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-27/people-rally-in-melbourne-for-climate-change/6981136

Tens of thousands of people have gathered for a climate change rally in Melbourne, in one of the largest demonstrations of its kind.

Rally organisers have estimated that up to 60,000 took to the streets, while Victoria Police said up to 40,000 were in attendance

wow, 40,000 people - I also love Melbourne

Message 14942 of 17,615
Latest reply

The quote "seems" to come from a wingnut?? but lets not let that get in the way of the  leftists who are desperate to smear anybody from the Conservative party.

May I suggest you concentrate on the appalling poll numbers of Shorten and give us your views on that.

Message 14943 of 17,615
Latest reply

I'm still trying to find info on your claimed 150 fairfax dismissals from the other day

any more news on that?? can't seem to find anything anywhere

I don't care much about Shortens poll numbers.. its LNP/IPA policies that have me riled

Message 14944 of 17,615
Latest reply

This is one of the many things that I love about Melbourne.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 14945 of 17,615
Latest reply

hi blue  Smiley Happy

me too!!

Message 14946 of 17,615
Latest reply

Hi, Deb.Woman Very Happy

Message 14947 of 17,615
Latest reply

good to see you

Message 14948 of 17,615
Latest reply

That should read 'right wingnut' and if you're too blind to see that they exist,just look at the GOP candidates for the election next year.
Message 14949 of 17,615
Latest reply

I think that next year's federal election is going to be interesting. Turnbull's honeymoon period will be over  but I still think that he will win, unless, ofcourse, Abbott has reclaimed the throne by then. When Abbott was in power, he pretty much did Shorten's work for him but since Turnbull is charasmatic and has a calm demeanor, Shorten now has his work cut out for him.

I hope that the Greens gain more seats in both the Upper and Lower Houses.

Message 14950 of 17,615
Latest reply