Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

bigoted or racist comments.

Well it depends on your perspective but any opposing view could be called bigoted if you wanted.

So what if I call Sarah Hanson Young two dads, she is an absolute idiot
who is as bigoted as they come and is only being treated like she treats others who are far better than her and for which she was sanctioned.
The only pollie I know who got a Senate meeting shut down for their own rudeness towards someone else.

Message 4731 of 17,615
Latest reply

Posters don't make the board usage rules. Most of us try and follow them though.

Message 4732 of 17,615
Latest reply

Yes, well, I don't follow ebay and paypals left wing ideology so take my chances.

This will shock a few people !

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has recruited a top ABC journalist as his chief spinner in a move that may well shock right wing commentators who attack the national broadcaster's political coverage as being too far to the left.

Walkley Award winning journalist Mark Simkin has been appointed as Mr Abbott's Chief of Communications.

Must admit he (Simkin) is pretty good reporter.

Message 4733 of 17,615
Latest reply

to deb who said:

http://www.theage.com.au/business/tony-abbott-shou​ld-have-demoted-himself-20141222-12c74q.html

When Prime Minister Tony Abbott shuffled the government's ministry at the weekend he should have blackballed himself as minister for women.

The demotion would be performance based.

He is out of date and behind the times when it comes to women and the modern family.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Yes!......He should have given himself the 'flick' as PM too.

Out of his depth re. Minister for Women.....

An embarrassment as Australian PM.....

......Q.   What walks like a duck, looks like a duck and talks like a duck ?

A.  a wombat

Message 4734 of 17,615
Latest reply

Look at this!!! Tut tut tut. Typical Liberals stuffing everything up....in WA this time

Colin Barnett has plunged WA to its first budget deficit in 15 years and the biggest deficit in the State’s history.

The Barnett Government’s Mid-Year Review, released yesterday, confirmed WA will plunge to a massive $1.3billion budget deficit this financial year and that State debt will blow out to $30.8billion.

The shocking state of the budget is the result of six years of financial mismanagement by Mr Barnett and his Government. 

Remember, Mr Barnett inherited the best set of books in history from the former WA Labor Government. Just take a look at the graph above and share it with your family and friends.

He also had a windfall revenue stream from booming iron ore royalties yet still managed to blow every last cent and send us deeper into debt.  This is what happens when you have a Premier who is happy to spend taxpayers’ money like a drunken sailor and refuses to heed warnings about his extravagant waste. He’s like the bloke who won Lotto then went broke.

Don’t be fooled by Mr Barnett’s claim that this deficit could not have been avoided. Mr Barnett has always known about issues around WA’s share of the GST and the volatility of iron ore prices but continued to keep on spending. A responsible Premier would have created a plan to get the budget back under control a long time ago.

We now know what Mr Barnett’s real ‘bigger picture’ is all about - bigger debt, bigger deficits and bigger taxes.

Find out more about Colin Barnett's waste and mismanagement at LiberalWaste.org.au

Message 4735 of 17,615
Latest reply

$35 million reduction in land sold to Crown 2 Oct 2014 -

The Barnett Government sold the former golf course land on the Burswood peninsula to Crown for $60 million, $35 million less than the valuation.

http://www.liberalwaste.org.au/

Message 4736 of 17,615
Latest reply

@bcaau_as1hft wrote:

Yea I bet u have  says it all and shows it all now dont it 

@debra9275 wrote:
Glee, I think you should contact the mods . I have

You bet you are, you bet I am.

Message 4737 of 17,615
Latest reply

$35mil less than the valuation is huge Paints, and yes, I've been reading about the deficit in WA.

Crown do seem to get a lot of concessions from both sides of govts. we're locked into a compensation deal with Crown in Vic for the next 40 years

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2014/s4083051.htm

Message 4738 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2014/s4083051.htm

The ABC's departing chief political correspondent Mark Simkin will lead Tony Abbott's media team in a behind-the-scenes shake-up announced by the Prime Minister late today.

the PM's office has hired one of those lefties? 

that;s kind of funny or hypercritical or both  Woman LOL

some spin about it on Chris Kenny's twitter page 

Message 4739 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://www.smh.com.au/act-news/flowers-for-modi-government-spends-24000-on-bouquets-for-indian-pm-20...

Overall, the cost of the G20, which brought 4000 government delegates – guarded by 5000 police and security guards – to Brisbane has cost an estimated $400 million.

Message 4740 of 17,615
Latest reply