Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Woman LOL

to you both

Message 4751 of 17,615
Latest reply

Nero

I think quite a few ebay sellers on welfare might be worried.
Message 4752 of 17,615
Latest reply

it's a bit of a slow news day today, so close to Christmas, so I'll be back later  Smiley Happy

Message 4753 of 17,615
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

Woman LOL

to you both

#I'llridewithyou#

debra there are a couple of muslims on this thread that could use a friend and someone as kind and caring  as yourself to ride with them....  🙂

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/Holiday-terror-high-alert-after-ASIO-and-AFP-briefi...

Message 4754 of 17,615
Latest reply

I,ll ride with them, in the back of a prison van.
Message 4755 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/new-data-shows-record-fall-in-carbon-emissions-2014...

Environment Minister Greg Hunt has quietly published data, just two days before Christmas, showing the second year of operation of Australia's carbon price was more successful at reducing emissions than the first.

New data from Australia's National Greenhouse Gas Inventory show emissions declined across Australia by 1.4 per cent over the 12 months to June.

That compares to a decline in emissions of 0.8 per cent for the previous 12 months.

The carbon price was introduced by the Gillard government and began operation on July 1, 2012. It ended on July 1, this year after the Abbott government fulfilled an election pledge by abolishing it.

Message 4756 of 17,615
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:
Nero

I would agree

The lowering of the mandatory reporting for eBay to  the tax office last year to 10K I think caught a lot... So many were still thinking it was 20K but the tax office lowered the figure and caught a lot....

So many have the below ethos aps... we see it daily 

10644660_730077360415939_48423249687955027_n.jpg

Message 4757 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-24/dunlop-the-more-things-shuffle-more-they-stay-the-same/5985210

Reshuffling the cabinet is like changing who wears which colour skivvy in the Wiggles: it doesn't make any difference, and they all end up singing the same old tunes, writes Tim Dunlop.

The Abbott Government won office in 2013 with a fairly decent majority. Not spectacular, and certainly not as large as many had predicted, but decent.

Once the votes were counted, Mr Abbott and his cheerleaders in the media congratulated themselves on a job well done, acted as if a natural order had been restored - there was much talk of the adults being back in charge - and everyone settled in and waited for the so-called greatest opposition leader of the past 40 years to grow into the job of prime minister.

Trust me, Godot will get here first.

In fact, rather than growing into the job, Prime Minister Abbott has done a pretty good impression of the incredible shrinking man.

Message 4758 of 17,615
Latest reply

@nero_wulf wrote:

@aps1080 wrote:
Nero

I would agree

The lowering of the mandatory reporting for eBay to  the tax office last year to 10K I think caught a lot... So many were still thinking it was 20K but the tax office lowered the figure and caught a lot....

So many have the below ethos aps... we see it daily 

10644660_730077360415939_48423249687955027_n.jpg

Message 4759 of 17,615
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

a little poem someone just sent me  Woman LOL

http://graemehenchel.tumblr.com/

hahaha, thanks Debra.   😄

After the little serve you got that's not what I was expecting.

Message 4760 of 17,615
Latest reply