Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

i clicked on one of the suggestions on youtube... Robot LOL

if tony was your housemate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOlFbqUdSM

or this one mwhahahahhaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bonjn5_ieI

Message 71 of 17,615
Latest reply

...money well spend mwahhaha

Message 72 of 17,615
Latest reply

Lmao the fan!
Message 73 of 17,615
Latest reply

well, well..........

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/04/22/croatia-summons-australian-ambassador-over-mps-speech

Croatia has summoned the Australian Ambassador in Zagreb to answer questions about a federal MP's speech at a controversial Croatian community event in Sydney.

Liberal MP Craig Kelly is alleged to have conveyed Prime Minister Tony Abbott's best wishes at an event commemorating April 10, or the foundation date of a pro-Nazi Croatian government in the 1940s.

The event, held last week at the Croatian club ‘Sydney’ in Punchbowl, was to commemorate the date of establishment of the so-called Independent State of Croatia (removed in the 1940s).

During the Second World War the so-called Independent State of Croatia was affiliated with Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany - adopting their policies, including the deportation and killing of Jews and other non-Croats.

Liberal MP Craig Kelly attended the Sydney meeting, and the Croatian government is concerned about media reports that he conveyed Prime Minister Tony Abbott's best wishes.

Mr Kelly reportedly attended the event on behalf of the Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs, Senator Conchetta Fierravanti-Wells.  

Message 74 of 17,615
Latest reply

HAHAHAHHAHAH

PMSL

uuhhmm are they stupid or what?

Message 75 of 17,615
Latest reply

so this is governing for all Australians LNP style..............

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/04/21/labor-warns-pensioners-feel-budget-pain

Mr Abbott has reportedly ruled out tinkering with the asset test for wealthier Australians on a part-pension, because any change could amount to a broken promise.

Labor is also ramping up its attack on the prime minister's paid parental leave scheme, calling the $5.5 billion an "unnecessary extravagance" and evidence of the government's "twisted priorities".

"This is a government that are looking to make cuts to areas that affect the most vulnerable in our community, whilst they look after the most wealthy," Labor frontbencher Anthony Albanese told reporters in Perth on Monday.

Message 76 of 17,615
Latest reply

So he has a history of violence,particularly against women.Really,is this the sort of person we want occupying this proud nations highest office.A thug and a liar?
Message 77 of 17,615
Latest reply

@spotweldersfriend wrote:
So he has a history of violence,particularly against women.Really,is this the sort of person we want occupying this proud nations highest office.A thug and a liar?

I do think he has an anger management problem, considering his history.

http://theaimn.com/2014/04/19/lest-we-forget-remembering-abbotts-past/

Tonyisms

On women:

42 ‘The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience’.

43 ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’.

44 ‘I  think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’.

45 ‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’.

On Julia Gillard:

46 ‘Gillard won’t lie down and die’.

Message 78 of 17,615
Latest reply

he represents australia, and MAY BE he is spot on.

i mean, i come from a civilised country (called the country of thinkers) and way too many  men here are just neanderthaler.

i think it has a lot to do with promoting sport instead of science, literature and art.

nothing more to say.

Message 79 of 17,615
Latest reply

@spotweldersfriend wrote:

I'm guessing that your question was rhetorical.

Of course it's not what we want . . . but it is what we now have.

Unless Clive Palmer can come to our rescue and force a double dissolution.

My goodness, what have we become that we have to rely on the likes of people such as  Clive Palmer to save us?

Message 80 of 17,615
Latest reply