Dick Smith chain fails

I am shocked a chain as large as DS can fail like it has.

I feel very sorry for anyone who has a gift card or deposit on an item as it looks like they will be left with nothing . I read that they may be able to do a credit card chargeback but even thats  not certain,It just gos to show even major retailers cannot be trusted  as they seem to have been trading knowing they could not secure stock to meet orders.

Apparently the administrators hope to sell as a viable business but I cannot see that happening as I think under the circumstances People will not trust the brand again ,

I would be very careful about buying gift vouchers after this as Dick Smith I would have thought were safe due to their size .It will be interesting to see how much people loose in worthless vouchers and deposits ,I think it will be heaps more than Angus and Robertson the booksellers as I bet DS made a fortune in Xmas gift voucher sales they now will not honour. 

Very sad business really. ..

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Dick Smith chain fails

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If only you had opened a paypal dispute when your item failed to turn up you would probably have had your refund at the time.

It is far too late now to do anything through paypal and as you have been told, there is very little likelihood of any joy from the liquidators.

yes Paypal dispute INR

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply